The Priest that Needed a Muzzle

The ceremony was being held at Andrews parents house, and I was happy to see it again after all those years. The house had previously been an abandoned retirement home for elderly people with certain health problems. Andrews parents had bought it and fixed it up beautifully.

The house itself was huge, with two separate kitchens and a bar. It was a single-level house (because most of the elderly people couldn't get their wheelchairs down the stairs), with a basement that the Fenty's had redone for recreational purposes. Half of the basement was just a large open room with a fire place and two sets of French doors, matched with dark glossy wood flooring. The wedding couldn't have been held at a better place.

It's hard to explain the house though. I mean, you must think I'm crazy, talking about a basement having doors that lead to the outside. I know, the point of a basement is that its underground. But the whole house had been built on a hill, so one side of the basement was left open to the rest of the forest. At the bottom of the hill the lake water lapped gently at the shore, and rows upon rows of chairs had been lined up for the audience to watch.

My dad had also been roped into helping with the wedding. He and Andrews dad had done a touch of bonding over the creation of a gorgeous wooden arch that the couple would be married under. The moms had covered the whole thing in pretty white flowers, and I could only hope that none of them dropped down on the newly weds.

I was standing near a very nervous looking Alexandra, who could hardly stop fidgeting for five seconds. It seemed that her fingers were having trouble staying still, and there was nothing I could do to stop her. Andrew was down at the bottom of the hill, waiting patiently under the arch that our fathers had so proudly been bragging about for the past two days. Yes, dad, that is a very manly arch. No, dad, I don't think I've ever seen such a fantastic work of art. Of course, dad, I'm sure they'll let you take pictures with it before they take it down.

It had been difficult.

The other bridesmaids were fluttering around her, speaking in the language I assumed to be from her home country, trying very hard to stop her from crying. Finally I just got tired of it.

"Alexandra, you are going to be fine." I assured her, placing my hands right on top of her shoulders "That boy down there, he loves you. He loves you with everything he's got, and I really hope that you don't think he's going through the same thing you are at this very moment."

With a quick glance over my shoulder I confirmed it. We were standing in the basement, waiting for our cue from the musicians. Mr.Fenty had long since built a path down to the lake so that he and his wife could watch the scenery, and that was posing as an isle for the bride to walk down. I spotted Andy's best man in the same position as me, and felt the need to laugh.

"You love this man, Lexi. Your gonna be fine." I looked right into her eyes, noting the beautiful pink eyeshadow that brought out her eyes. Alexandra was a sight to be seen in her wedding gown. It was huge, with multiple layers and a ton of flowery crap all over the skirt, and completely Alexandra. Just because I knew I wouldn't be caught dead in it didn't make it any less beautiful on the bride. She worked it well, and I was proud of the new gleam of confidence I saw in her eyes.

"Thanks, Nikki, I needed that."

I nodded my head in approval before turning to face front again. All the bridesmaids were walking in a straight line down the path, with Alexandra at the tail. A little girl with bouncing red curly was dancing around the room, the basket of flower petals clutched tightly in her chubby hands. Maria was probably the most adorable toddler I had ever seen, and I had been struck with an incredible case of hair envy upon first seeing her.

The music started then, quieting the group of people who had slowly taken their seats, and Maria came sprinting to the door, looking ready to burst with excitement.