Chapter 5: Talk

"Ladybug?" A accruing reportor questioned as the hero was about to fly off. Ladybug usually stayed away from the Parisian reporters because they would ask such personal questions. But, what would they ask this time? She looked to the reporter waiting for them to ask a question.

"How do you feel about Chat Noir's actions in the latest akuma fight? We never saw a villain saving a heroine before, none expected it."

Ladybug's mood turned to anger. "For the last time, Chat Noir is a antihero!"

"Villain, antihero say thing."

"No they are not! Please do your own research and to even further prove my point, we made a promise to protect Paris and we still do that, no matter what."

"Are you saying that you and Chat Noir have a relationship out side of the superheroing?"

"No comment. Bug out." Ladybug walked away from the situation. Why did everyone want to know that? What was with it? It's to personal to reveal to the public, but would she even reveal it to herself?

~~~

"Would you get away from the computer?" The cat-like kwami advised. "What are you even watching?"

Adrien had just watched the clip of Ladybug talking to the reporter. Hearing what she said about Chat Noir.

"Oh yay another Ladybug video." Plagg said sarcastically like it's never happened before. Adrien sat looking at the computer, head in his hand thinking of her response, meanwhile the beat of his heart intensified.

"What are you going to do with those?" Adrien turned his chair in the direction Plagg asked about. The was a corner which had many small pouch bags full of different jewel's, memories of Chat thieving the stores. Yet the guilt had gotten to him, and he couldn't help it.

"Claws out."

~~~

"You know you don't have to speak to them." Tikki input as Marinette watched the clip of herself as Ladybug talking to the reporter.

"I don't know, I guess I'm just used to it after the year of doing it before all this happened."

"I think he appreciated you clearing his name."

Marinette crossed her arms, slumped in her chair. "It's just they paint as what he is not. He's still himself, caring, smart, funny at times." The way the teenager looked, as she listed off the qualities of him, Tikki had seen that expression one to many times.

"Marinette, do you like bad boys?"

"What?! No!" She denied.

"Because it seems like you do." The kwami giggled.

"Me and Chat Noir? Come on Tikki could you even see that?"

"Don't tell me you've never thought about it before."

"No comment." Her kwami was just as bad as the reporters.

"I just say so because I know the conversations you two have... and I tend to see the same pattern when something starts to happen."

"Spots on." She commanded ending the conversation.

~~~

Just like normal the red heroine leaped from rooftop to rooftop, it was nice to be out in the suit when no akuma's were out. It was freeing to be... well free and have no care in the world at that point. She could just watch the beauty of Paris from the rooftops. She paused to look out on the city below her.

"Why hello." Chat's voice came getting Ladybug's attention behind her, where he leaned up again a wall of the building rooftop.

"Didn't expect to see you here." She replied.

"Why is that?"

"It's the afternoon and you're usually out at night."

He chuckled with a smile. "Since when does my lady know my schedule?"

"I pick up on a few things."

"Thanks for doing what you told the reporter."

"No problem. It just... angers me it happens."

"How do you think I feel?"

"That's why I try to get rid of the rumors by speaking out."

"I do appreciate it."

"Although there was one question that the reporter asked that I didn't think about myself."

"And what question was that?" He asked with curiosity.

"Why did you do what you did in the akuma battle?"

"We're even now."

"That's not why you protected me."

Chat stepped towards her, during the other half of their conversation he was leaned up against a wall talking to her. His tall figure towered over her short one.

"Why do you think I stepped in?"

"Maybe because you didn't think about it and just did it because it's what your heart told you to do."

"How do you know what my heart wants?" There faces were centimeters from each other. Each peering into each other's eyes.

"Because maybe mine is doing the same thing."

"At least I've almost stolen one thing."

"And what's that?"

He stepped back from her. "Your heart." Just like that he was gone, disappearing into the distance.

In place on the ground Ladybug saw multiple small pouches that Chat had left. She opened one and inside were the jewels that he had stolen previously. He was returning them.

"Chat Noir..." Ladybug said as a blush appeared on her face feeling her heart beat intensify.