↠A New Year - 006

It's been five years

It's been five years. Sage was an outstanding student, and she was extremely powerful too. Her friends were always awed by her amount of power, and the things she could do. It was early morning, the sun just peaking horizon, and walking into the Great Hall was the future Queen of England herself, with the company of the famous Marauders. "Is your mother doing any better?" Remus asked her. "I haven't heard a word from them in months, Remus, which means she can't be. All I heard from Jasper was that she stopped leaving her bed," Sage looked at him sadly. "I'm sorry, Princess," Sirius said, "You worked so hard to get close to her again," James gave her a sympathetic look. "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault she fell ill, it's nobodies," She excused his apology.

As the group ate their breakfast, the Slytherins kept glaring at them. Probably because they knew they were the ones that pranked them. "They know," Peter whispered to the rest of the group. "They have no proof, Peter, and without that, they know nothing." Sage uttered back to him. Sirius stared at them, then looked back at the Slytherins, and quickly burst out laughing, with James, Remus, and Peter, following after him. Sage chuckled at the boy's behavior and smiled at them, "If they didn't know then, they certainly know now." Remus let out, he was laughing so hard he was out of breath. "You lot are a bloody mess, I swear," Sage told them.

Classes had started, Lily, Marlene, and Sage made their way to potions as it was about to begin. Walking in, they were greeted by Hufflepuff's and their fellow Gryffindors with bright faces. "Good-almost-afternoon everyone, I hope you are all enjoying your day," Professor Slughorn started.

Lunch had come upon the students of Hogwarts as they all gathered once again in the Great Hall. "If the following students are present, I would like them to make their way down to my office immediately. Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupin, Peter Pettigrew, and Sage Mary. Please, come with me," The Headmaster, Professor Dumbledore, announced from the large podium. The group of five stared at each other before making their way down towards the Headmaster. When they arrived in the office, they stood quietly in front of the older man. "You do not have to be worried, you aren't in trouble. Sage, your family has sent word on the current status of your mother. She isn't going to make it... I'm sorry. The reason I called all of you down though, is because all of you will be heading to England for the week, your mother has requested that you and your closest friends see her. I decided it would you boys that shall go with Ms. Mary," Dumbledore told them, a sad expression on his face.

Sage was frozen. It was as if her heart stopped, and she couldn't breathe. The world around her stopped, everything was a blur. She could hear the boys around her, their voices of sympathy, but she couldn't understand the words they were forming. Sage put her hands om her stomach and leaned forward, as if the wind was knocked out of her. "Princess, it's okay, look at me," Sirius whispered to her, trying to calm down the almost hyperventilating girl.

"I know this may not be the best timing, but I think it would best for you to take the time to care for your family... And, prepare for the thrown."