“Hayden, where are you going?” I asked, muffling back a laugh.

                He stared at me with a blank expression. “Study hall?”

                Sighing, I adverted our positions back towards the opposite direction. “Our study hall class is on the west wing.” I shook my head. “How often do you go to class?”

                Hayden shrugged, his face in complete concentration. “I just skip all the boring ones. Physics, Biology, Calculus, French, Global, Economics, English-“

                “Basically everything?” I cut in, as we entered the study hall classroom.

                Hayden grinned. “Don’t say it like that. It makes me seem like a bad student.”

                “And you aren’t?” I teased, poking his shoulder.

                Hayden laughed, shaking his head. “So, Alex gave you a ride home yesterday?”

                I scratched the back of my neck. “I guess so.”

                “I’m sorry for what he did, by the way. I completely beat the shit out of him last night- in an intense match of thumb wrestling.” I could tell Hayden was trying to keep a straight face, but he eventually cracked a smile.

                I rolled my eyes playfully, punching his shoulder gently. “Thanks, Hayden.”

                “It’s funny, though.” Hayden suddenly muttered.

                “What?” I asked.

                “Alex. Alex never offers to drive a girl home.” Hayden pointed out.

                I felt my throat get tighter, as I licked my lips. What in God’s name is Hayden trying to prove to me? And, how many girls have Alex actually been with? I mentally slapped myself before my thoughts went on further.

                “So? I don’t care.” I crossed my arms.

                Hayden frowned with curiosity, but he quickly dropped it once he saw the expression on my face.

                “Well, class is going to be over soon.” He paused, taking a look at the time from his phone. “Do you want to sit with us at lunch today?”

                I bit my lip, shaking my head. “Sorry, I don’t think that’s the best idea.”

                “Why not? The guys really like you.” He offered me a smile.