Chapter 2

Chapter 2- her beau

I wake up to the front door slamming shut. I look at my phone; it’s 2 am. I start to get up and feel how hot and sticky I am; I suddenly remember my dream about beau and blush. Beau is such a sweetie and always treats me well and damn he is hot… did I just think that? “Charli! You have a boyfriend!!” I mentally tell myself.

 I hear laughing and shushing coming up to stairs which snaps me out of my thoughts on Beau. I grab a book off my desk which happens to be the book I’m currently reading “divergent” which is pretty big (487 pages); I can definitely use it as a weapon. Walking out my door I hear nothing… silence. I continue to walk down the hall and see nothing. With I sigh I start to walk back to my room, looking at the ground. I’m almost back to my room when someone grabs my shoulders, I scream in terror “AHHHHHHH!! WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK!!” I swing my book around wildly and hit something.

I look to see what I just hit and see them laughing on the floor. “What the..?” I turn on the light and I start to make out who it is… “MUM?!” I yell whisper, realising that my scream before could have woken up Bear.

“Hehehe, hey Miss Pookerson” mum giggles. I cringe at the pet name she has for me. I have no clue why she says it; she just calls me that, I absolutely hate it!

“Mum, what are you doing here?” I ask her

“It’s my house is it not?” she’s still giggling

“You know what I mean. It’s Tuesday. Tuesday morning I might add, and you’re supposed to be back on Wednesday; tomorrow.”

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever Pookerson. Your dad and I got home at 9 yesterday and then we might have got some drinks…” she giggles, “then we went to a costume shop. Your dad picked mine.” I only just realise she’s wearing a cat women outfit; a very revealing cat women outfit.

I just stare open mouthed at my mum, dreading the reason why she’s wearing it. “Speaking of your dad” she says looking back at her bedroom door, “he’s waiting for me. I came to tell you we’re home, that’s all” she continued. She comes towards me and gives me a hug and kisses my cheek before she says in my ear “you should put your music on, it’s going to get loud” and she walks away.

 I could smell the alcohol on her breath. I sigh and make my way back to my room. I get out of my sweaty clothes and just wear my bra and undies to bed. I put my headphones on ‘cause on time mum told me to put music on and I forgot. Oh wow that was a mistake. The song that comes on is chandelier by Sia. I blast it really loud to try and block out the noises that will come from my parents room. My eyes start to drop when it starts; something starts banging against the wall and I hear VERY loud moaning and groaning… this is going to be a long night

 ∞ ∞ ∞

I wake up from a struggling sleep. My headphones are wrapped around my neck; choking me. Why are they around my neck? Oh yeah mum and dad are home. I untangle myself from the headphone catastrophe, and check the time

12:30pm

DID THAT SAY 12:30pm?!