Her Beau chapter 1

Chapter one: New year New Life

Charli's pov:

It was Monday morning, the first day of school for this year and for once I was looking forward to it. Bear’s school doesn't start till Wednesday and mum and dad should be home by then. They have been away for most of the holidays and when they have been home they have been either out or drunk. I do love my mum and dad, but for 6 weeks they have left me to look after my 7 year old sister. I love her to death, but it has been draining looking after her for 6 weeks.

After lying in bed for a while I decided to get up and make breakfast for Bear and I. When Bear was younger, mum would always make us pancakes on Monday mornings because that was her day off. I decided to make them so it would feel like a normal Monday morning for Bear. My pancakes were never as good as mum’s. Bear always loved Monday mornings. She would have the most random conversations with mum. Now its

rare to even hear mum say hello or goodbye to her; and to think that 3 years ago they would talk about random topics for 3 hours non-stop. As I was in the middle of my last pancake I heard Bears little feet jumping down the hard stairs. She used to jump down the stairs when mum was home in the mornings.

“Damnit” I yelled to myself I made her believe mum was home

“Mummy?” bears soft voice said from behind me

“Sorry bubs mummy’s not here she is coming home tomorrow though” I answered back

“Oh. I smelt the pancakes and its Monday morning I  was just hoping that maybe for once she was home” she replied while walking forward and taking a seat.

“You always had a great nose Beary” I told her softly, I saw a small smile creep onto her face as I handed her the pancakes. Bear has been through a lot in her 7 years of life. She technically lives without parents and now I have to go back to school and leave her alone again. Mum and dad didn’t care when I called them and told them that Bears nanny had left. I told them that we needed a new one before today so she wouldn’t be alone. They didn’t listen or most likely didn’t care because now Bear has to spend the day by herself again!

I left bear eating her pancakes and went upstairs to get ready for the day I decide to wear a flowy white dress that stoped 3 inches above the knee I left my black wavy hair down and put on a flower headband I kept my makeup to a minimum with some black mascara and a light pink lipstick to compliment my olive skin tone, I grabbed my phone off charge and ran down stairs. Bear was watch Disney channel when I heard Jude’s car horn I kissed bears forehead, grabbed my nude pumps, my black bag and ran out the door to Jude.

Jude is my boyfriend he has been for 2 years. We have been the power couple at school since then cheerleader and football team captain how cliché aha. Bear and him get along really well he is kinda like her brother in some ways since he is always over.

“Hey you” he says as I get into his car

“Hey” I reply as I kiss him quickly on the lips and the rest of the car ride to school was quite.

∞∞∞

We arrived at school 10 minutes before the bell, I grabbed my bag and got out of Jude’s car I quickly saw Rylee, and Bekah I said my goodbyes to Jude I ran over to my two best friends I didn’t see them much over the holidays I was too busy looking after bear. We had all been best friends since we were 3 our parents were really close, but they grew apart when Rylee’s dad left her mum and when Bekah’s parents died then my parents became really distant and just kinda left me and bear, we all had our issues with our parents but it brought us closer we each knew each other like the back of our hands. Seeing their faces again just made me realise how much I missed them and the times when everyone was close and happy I missed those times

“CHAR” I heard Rylee scream and it bought be out of my daydreams. I ran into a big hug with them both which I needed.

“I missed you two”

“We missed you too” they both said back in sync.

We stopped hugging and walked to our lockers at our lockers I felt someone’s arms snake their way around my waist and I looked up to see Jude standing behind me I smiled to myself and went back to our convosation. When the bell went I grabbed my books for my first call which happened to be history, I hated history and my teacher was always grumpy and damn right hated me! The only good thing about history was beau, he was my go to person, he got me like no one else better than Rylee and Bekah in some cases. Me and beau became friends on our own, our parents didn’t know each other so our relationship was different from my relationship with the girls. I always thought beau had a crush on me and I have to admit I had one on him, but when Jude asked me out I let go of my feelings for him I kinda had to. When I reached class         Mr Leddin was already there “shit” I cursed under my breath as I made my way to my seat next to beau. I nudged him with my shoulder as to say hey because I knew if a spoke I would be in detention for the next 4 weeks It had been 5 minutes and Mr Leddin was already angry at me ‘wow what I great start to the year char’. Beau looked up from his lap and smiled at me I smiled back and then focussed for the rest of the class.

The rest of the day was boring I had no classes with my friends and my lunch was spent in detention for being late for history. When the last bell went I rushed to my locker and then to Jude’s car the car ride home was filled with meaningless convocation about school and random stuff, when we reached home I kissed him goodbye quickly but passionately and ran inside to find bear asleep cradling on of mums jumpers and her eyes red from crying. I sighed and walked over to her, I picked her up bridal style and carried her to her room, once in her room I placed her softly on her bed and  kissed her forehead. I made my way through our joining bathroom to my room a slumped on the bed. I felt my eyelids getting heaving and quickly I was overtaken by sleep.

Dream

I was in a room covered in rose petal’s standing in the middle of the room it had no windows and no doors, normally I would be scared but I felt safe. I felt arms snake around my waist, pick me up and throw me over their shoulder. We span around like that until they set me down on my feet, my eyes were closed and as I opened them I expected to see jude but I didn’t see him i saw beau..

∞ ∞ ∞

hope you like our first chapter of Her Beau

thank you for reading it

~A