An Outfit Is Everything

Saturday, November 7th

Harry wakes up the next morning, still feeling tired. He had been up the night before just talking with Neville about his plants. It was interesting, honestly, though it did drag on. The other Gryffindor was rather excitable when it came to favourite topics, to say the least. Right now, though, Harry wasnt thinking about that. He just wanted to go back to sleep - that is until he remembers that he's playing with - correction: hanging out with Draco today.

Harry springs out of bed suddenly, excited for the day. After all, this was Draco he was talking about. While usually he'd want nothing to do with him, no matter how damn pretty he is, today he just felt this joy bubbling up inside him at the mere thought of getting to spend his time with Draco in this sense. It was honestly quite nice to know they were finally getting to sit and talk like people rather than exchanging insults.

He put his glasses on now so he could actually, y'know, see. Since it's the weekend he can wear whatever he pleases. The options on the weekends always did make him feel better. He walks over to his wardrobe and started to look for some clothing he could put into a nice outfit. Let's see; what could he wear that will look good but isn't too fancy? Harry wondered to himself why this was so difficult.

Looking to his right he can see an outfit lying on the edge of his bed. Right where he was meant to acknowledge it before anything else. Who would put that there? And why hadn't he noticed the person walk in? He practically slept with one eye open with how many things want to kill him every other day.

Harry walks over to my bed and see a note on top of the outfit. He picks it up and begins to read.

Hope you have fun on your date, Harry. This outfit should match your style just fine. I planned it out carefully for you. Now go out there and rock it!
P.S.
I found out you like more 'feminine' clothing so I bought you some things from a muggle store. In my opinion, we have better style.
I hope this outfit suffices.
Also, Ron says hi.♡

- Hermione

Of course Hermione found out. She's awfully smart. Also Harry isn't very good at hiding things. He only hopes she doesn't find out about the other stuff. At least she's nice enough to support him with his clothing style. He truly loved her. She's one of his best friends, next to Ron.

Harry put the note down and look at the outfit, eyes flicking over every detail. It was perfect. Although, he was sure to get stared at. Doesn't matter. He's faced Voldemort, what the heck is the worst bullies can do?Hermione is right. He's gonna rock it.

Quickly, he put it on, nearly falling over in excitement. He loved it. "I hope Dadd--" Harry caught himself short, swallowing, "I hope Draco likes it as much as I do." So many slip ups today. He only hoped that it wouldn't happen when he's talking to the man himself. That would be a disaster.

Grabbing his bag and putting some snacks in that he had stashed in his wardrobe, as well as his Owl stuffie, he quickly ran downstairs to the common room.

Hermione and Ron were sat by the fire, chatting up. He goes over to them but not without noticing the stares from some of the other Gryffindors. Always so judgemental. And they say Slytherins are evil.

"Hermione! Ron!" The brunette calls to them. Hermione turns to look at him, taking notice of the outfit. A warm smile spread across her lips. "Hey, Harry. We were just waiting for you." Ron notices the outfit as well. "I stand corrected, 'mione. Your fashion skills are pretty good." Ron shrugs to Hermione. "Looking sharp, mate" He adds. "Thanks. I would've dressed nice like this the whole time I've been at Hogwarts if not for the Dursley's. Dudley doesn't exactly have any style. Or femininity. Or masculinity, for that matter." He laughed at his own joke before taking note of something. Hermione is looking at more than just his outfit. She can see the stuffie. She looks back up with this..expression he can't quite place. But she doesn't say anything. She's completely silent. Not good.

"I think we should go before we completely miss breakfast. Besides, I'm starving." Ron breaks the tension without realizing, running to the door in a split second after the words left his mouth. He laughs akwardly at the action still thinking about the fact that Hermione has probably already come to a conclusion about him having a stuffie in his bag. What conclusion? He wasn't sure. But a conclusion.

Ron has now ran off and left Harry and Hermione to be alone. "Little?" Hermione suddenly says and a chill crawls it's way down his spine. "Little?" The word repeats from his mouth, sounding confused rather than knowing like Hermione. "You have the mindset of a small child- is what I mean." Hermione tilts her head. "Oh-" How did she get that from a stuffie? "Um. Yeah..Yeah, I guess" Harry never exactly put a name to it. He had just- picked up on it somewhere. "You sound unsure." As if she were reading his thoughts through a book. "Well, I am unsure. All I know is that, I like, well... baby stuff. It's embarrassing-" He averts his attention from her gaze. "Well- I know quite a bit about it." She smiled. "You do?" Harry locked his eyes back with hers. Hermione knew everything from books. So maybe he's not so odd after all. Maybe this was written.

"You're what's called a little. You like stuff that is typically for much younger children. I presume you want a caregiver too. Someone to watch over you. Am I correct?" She's good at this. "Ye-Yeah." He's still so nervous of what she'll think. "It's totally fine, if you're wondering" Oh thank Gods. "I can be like an Auntie if you want. Just to fill in until you get a real caregiver." She clasped her hands together, looking forward. "Yeah. I would like that." His headspace began pushing up against his mind, forcing him right now into it. Lack of sleep, stress, Hermione's kind words and explanation. It all worked to put him into that space. Hermione took notice and complimented him, "By the way, that's a cute plushie you have, Harry." She points into his bag. "T'ank you.." His voice has a slight slur to it, just as a child would. "You're welcome, buddy." She ruffles up his hair.

When they reached the dining hall, Harry could suddenly feel the burning hot stare of so many eyes on him. That included Draco's. He comes right back out of his headspace. He can see people start to whisper to eachother but Hermione gives a sweet smile, comforting him.

Then there's Draco's outfit. It looks like he got dressed up a bit as well. He honestly looks amazing. And how the hell can someone rock a flannel that well? And his hair is somehow more white. It reminds Harry of fresh snow. Just covering the ground in a blanket. Thoughts like these ran throigh his mind.
It's so nicely combed back.
He's so handsome.
He wishes he could be his Daddy.

As he sits down at the Gryffindor table, he could see Draco still staring at him. He can feel his cheeks heating up so he quickly turns around and start eating his breakfast. 'How can he have so much effect on me?'

_______________________

1290 Words