After dark

Third Person POV

After the holidays had passed things began to go back to normal...Well, as normal as things could be at a magic school. Classes resumed as usual and students were bustling in the halls after their last class had ended. A certain raven-haired girl had exited the classroom. She was headed for the Hufflepuff dormitory to see a certain pair of blond individuals. As she walked she spotted a particular bushy-haired girl and immediately recognised her. As they walked in separate directions the ravenette closed the distance between them in the hall she whispered something in her ear on her way past. The Gryffindor girl turned her head in Rachel's direction as the girl proceeded to walk away. Rachel turned her head to nod in the girl's direction. Hermione was bit taken aback by the information but as she pondered it more she realized what she had just been told. Hermione took immediate action. Turning on her heel she rushed off towards the library where she knew her two housemates would be waiting.

*Later that evening*

Rachel's POV

"Hey, Rachel!" I heard someone shout. I turned to face them. It was Harry, he looked a bit out of breath. Had he been running to catch up with me? I had been walking down the corridor on my own. I've been doing that a lot since I returned from the holidays, it was better for thinking this way. "Oh, Hi Harry" I greeted kindly. He offered me a brief smile. "Uhm...Thank you for the tip earlier today" He thanked gratefully without even bothering to wait another second. "Uh, no problem" I replied simply. He gave me a curious look. "How'd you know where to find it? Did someone tell you?" He questioned. I shifted on my feet. "Sorta...Just an old friend who knows a lot about that kind of stuff. He's a fan of Flamel's work so-" "Shh~" Harry hushed me. I looked at him oddly. I hadn't even been talking that loud, nobody even stopped to look at me as they passed us in the hall.

"We shouldn't talk about this here" He explained. "Here, come with me" He ushered tugging me by the hand. I don't know why I allowed him to do this to me. Something told me I should pull away from him. I knew better though. Harry was a nice guy, he wouldn't harm me or put me in danger or even degrade me, unlike other people I know. *Cough* Reiji *Cough* Yet I let Reiji push me around and do what he wants with me, all because why? I'm intimidated by his power, his knowledge, his wealth...Well. yeah, pretty much. But even so, where on earth was Harry taking me?

We came to a sudden stop when Harry winced in pain and rubbed his forehead, more specifically his scar. "Huh? What's wrong, Harry?" I had this gut twisting feeling in my stomach, something was triggering my senses. "It's my scar, it hurts" He said as he winced. We both looked up. Professor Quirrell was speaking to another professor in the hall. Just as Harry and I looked up at him he met both of our stares. Harry looked frozen on the spot, I on the other hand, had the primal urge to growl at the man. Something about him spurred a rage within me. "Let's get out of here" I suggested, more like instructed as I tugged on Harry's hand pulling him down a different corridor and away from the Professor's. As soon as we were far enough away my blood cooled and I noticed Harry's eyebrows unfurrow. "Does your head still hurt?" I asked with a bit of concern laced in my tone. "No" He simply replied. I hummed as a curious thought came to mind.

"What was it that you wanted to talk about so privately?" I inquired quickly. It wasn't that I was inpatient or-No, yeah. I was impatient. Hehe. "Well it's just that, you've been so helpful to us and I wanted to thank you" He said sounding a bit nervous. I quirked an eyebrow at him. "You already did that" I half chuckled. His cheeks flushed pink. "Well, I just wanted to know if-" He cut himself off. "-We! Wanted to know if you would help us find and protect the stone. We think Snape's trying to steal it and-" I cut him off at his odd accusation. "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa, Harry" He shut his mouth quickly wanting to hear me out. "You think Professor Snape wants the Philosopher stone?" I questioned with an amused look. He was quick to defend himself. "I know he's the Head of your house but just listen to what I'm saying-" I waved off his words not wanting to hear any more. I couldn't let Harry think Professor Snape was involved in such a scandal. He was my Head of House but more than that he knew my secret and I trusted him, just as Professor Dumbledore trusted him. "Dumbledore is one of the greatest wizards of all time do you really think he'd blindly trust Professor Snape if he wasn't a trustworthy person?" Harry blinked a few times and made to reply but stopped himself.