Chapter 2- The gig

"Move yer big bum!" I giggled as I pushed past Jada, who was doing her makeup. I had already done my makeup and was now looking for clothing.

"I can't believe this! We're finally going to see Area 11 in less than an hour!" Sayu was squealing happily. We had got to Bristol a few hours ago as we had set off early and as a result, got here a bit early. We set off early because for us, Bristol is on the other side of England! It was almost a 5 hour drive! We didn't mind though as we've been friends for 4 years now. We started our band when I was 12, Jada was 15, Sayu was 14 and Sophie was 16.

"You better believe it, sister, I heard that they were also looking for someone to perform with. I wonder who that could be." Sophie grinned as she spouted gossip, as usual. "We're probably not gonna get picked for that. Besides, that kinda sounds like a rumour"

I finally found something to wear from the pile of clothes messily thrown in a suitcase. It was a red tank top that said 'I'm not short. I'm just concentrated AWESOME' Being the short person I am it was perfect. I also wore some black leggings (Pants for you Americans) and knee-high leather boots as well as a beanie that had "BITCH" in big lettering on the front. I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled, the tank top complimented my blonde hair which was dip dyed red. I added the finishing touches to my outfit, an extra layer of deep red lipstick and some Gold bangles. If you can't tell, I'm quite fond of the colour red.

I glanced at my watch. 10 minutes until the gig. Let's go.

10 minutes later, it was 7:30 and we had gotten in. They were going to perform in a small-ish field. There were a few tents set up for toilets and refreshments and the stage was near the far end of the field. Most people here looked from about our age to around mid 20s. But there were a few 14 year olds. Note to self: Make sure to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't get hurt in any mosh pits or anything. One or two people were staring at us strangely. They might be fans of ours? We got as close to the stage as we could just as the gig started.

They started with System;Start and everyone started to crowd around the stage. We were right at the front, as close as we could possibly get. We could tell which voice belonged to who. Parv seemed to be replacing Kaeyi, Kogie was replacing Sam and Leo was replacing Martyn in the voice acting.

Parv: Are we ready to begin?

Sparkles*: Almost, I need to callibrate

*Pause*

S*: Okay, callibrated.

Parv: Subject is responding normally

S*: Okay, let's begin.

Kogie: Initiating signal, over.

S*: Signal is stable

Parv: Subject is ready

Leo: Machine is up to speed within normal parameters

Kogie: Subject is awake, now is good.

S*: Cassandra can you hear me?

There was silence. Since there was no women in Area 11, they didn't have anyone to play Cassandra, however me, Jada, Sayu and Sophie mouthed "Yes." To each other.

S*: Are you ready to begin?

We mouthed "Yes. I'm ready." To each other again. 

Then they started playing Vectors and the crowd started to dance. Me, Jada and Sophie tried not to get into mosh pits but with Sayu that was near enough impossible. There was no moshing JUST yet but we knew that there would be later. We watched each of the band members, smiling. "Damn, drumming is fun." Sayu yelled over the music. I grinned at her enthusiasm and Jada grinned too. "Nah! Look at how much fun Sparkles* Is having with that Keytar!" I laughed at her and gave her the bird "Watch Parv go! Much better than both of your instruments!" We all laughed, we had always been competitive over which instrument was better. To be honest I thought that all of our instruments were great. They all came together to make our band, after all. As soon as Sparkles* started singing all four of us did too, except it sounded more like a yell over the speakers.