Chapter 3- Performing and meeting

"So... What's your names?" Kogie asked as if we weren't on a stage in front of loads of people. Jada, me, Sophie and Sayu all glanced at each other and nodded. "The Ugliest Kittens." We said in unison without any explanation. All four of the guys looked really confused and Leo finally said something. "What?" All four of us giggled and moved closer together to form a line and faced the crowd. Every face on the field looked  extremely confused. "We're a band." Sophie said and all four of us waved. Everyone made an "Ohhhh..." noise and the people we saw staring at us strangely earlier were grinning like madmen. Sophie continued. "I'm Sophie. I'm a bassist. Basses for life." She did a little wave at Kogie, who, if you didn't know, is the bassist in Area 11. "This is Sayu." Sayu waved and pushed her short black hair out of the way. "She's a drummer. Personally I think she's better than Leo." She said jokingly and we all elbowed her as Leo looked mock-shocked. (Hehe that rhymed.) "This is Jada. She's the pianist and Keytarist. Sorry if she's a bit sarcastic." Sophie smirked as Jada elbowed her in the stomach for the second time in this evening. "And finally, this is Tee. She's the lead singer, guitarist and possibly the shortest person ever." I ignored the last thing on the list and did a little salute. It kind of amazed me how confident Sophie always was. If it weren't for her and Sayu we would probably constantly argue. I snickered at their surprised expressions. "Weren't expecting that, were ya? Anyways, you were talking about performing Euphemia." I smiled and pushed my fringe off of my face. "You got instruments?" I cracked another smile as the four of them nodded. I hoped we looked confident.

After Sayu had set up her drums, me and Sophie had plugged in our electronic instruments and Jada had grabbed a spare Keytar from the back. Surprisingly, we were actually planning to do a cover of Euphemia soon and we'd been practicing the song for ages. So this kind of worked out in our favour. I looked at Sparkles* for a second. "One moment." I ran to the back of the stage where I had dumped my camera and ran back to the front of the stage. "Who's a Little Kitten here!?" I yelled. I knew that there were a few of our fans in the crowd and those same people put their hands up. I gave the one nearest to us the camera and said "Film this for us would you? We'll meet you at that far corner of the field after this is done." She nodded and her face lit up when I said that we would meet her. "Thanks." I murmured.

When I'd made sure that she was ready to record, I looked around. "Where the crap are the microphones?" I kind of felt self-conscious that the time was ticking on and the fans were probably getting impatient. "Ah, shit I knew there was something we were forgetting." I heard Parv mutter. "You'll have to share with Sparkles*" I fake groaned and walked up to him. The truth was I couldn't believe I'd be this close to Sparkles*... Ever. I gave him a small smile, as if to say 'I did not sign up for this.' and then I used my hands to sign the four beats coming up to the song. Parv and I played the first two chords on our electric guitars, then Jada and Sparkles* started up on the keytar, then Leo and Sayu started playing the drums while Kogie and Sophie started up on the bass. I looked behind me briefly to see that Leo and Sayu had obviously decided that they would do the drums at different times so at one point Sayu would be playing then the next point Leo would be playing. Then we went into full swing with the song. S*= Sparkles*, T=Tee S*T=Sparkles* and Tee

S*: As I looked into the burning sky, a tear forming in my eye, memories of fallen dreams and all those that have died.

T: Demons are possessing me, robbed of my eternity. A cloud of ash that pierced the night, I feel my hate take flight

We seemed to have an unspoken agreement to do with who would sing which part of the song.

S*T: Choking on my own words and I'm scared of backing down because the hope within us all is up in flames

S*: Twisted by my warring conscience,

T: The situations pushing onwards

S*T: Genocide