"You can stare at me all you want, I'm not complaining." I cheered his countenance.

My hands innately found their to this shoulders bringing him down for a kiss. He hesitated a moment but wasted no time in giving me one hell of a kiss I knew had caught the attention of everyone around us.

But I didn't care.

My hands had already settled behind his neck and my fingers kneaded his hair, I took delight in the neshing feel of it as it obeyed my fingers like a puppet to its master. I was so mesmerized, I delved passionately into the kiss without a care in the world.

I only realized mum's presence when she cleared her throat to show her displeasure. I disentangled my hands from his neck, slightly abashed; this was the first time mum had ever witnessed us kissing. Jason's hands which hung around my waist during the kiss were still wrapped around me. I knew he wasn't concerned about mum's ill-treatment towards him and Tess and I was deeply pleased. I managed to ignore mum again. After all, she started it.

Fair enough!

"I want you to be with me when I tell mum and dad about what happened in England." I said. I didn't want to meet my parents alone. I needed Jason's support and shoulder to lean on.

"You want to tell them we're in love with each other? I can tell your mum right now. I absolutely have no problem with that. Took me months to hide my feelings, I can't hide it anymore." He asked, obviously getting the wrong message. I giggled lightly but explained to him when I recovered.

"Not that, silly! I want to explain the incidents with the torch. I can't do it alone. I need you there with me." I said. It startled me how I needed him so much nowadays. He was constantly in my thoughts. I couldn't imagine my life without him.

"Of course, I'll be there. Just let me know when." He answered and I nodded. He kissed me once more. I was definitely sure mum was in a rage. I absolutely knew she would have something to say on our way home. I grinned at the thought. We exchanged our goodbyes and I turned and found a way to meet mum. She grasped my hands roughly and I flinched but remained mute. I was too tired to start an argument with her so I let her lead me to the car. Some of the guards were already in, Peter, mum's senior bodyguard hugged me lightly and helped me in. He was the only guard I was friendly with. He had been with us for a very long time, possibly fifteen years now, so I treated him like family.

Shockingly, mum said nothing to  me about our canoodling at the airport, neither did she verbally despise it. I waited all through the ride home for her comment on how overly amorous we had been, especially publicly. To her, public image was something she struggled to uphold. However, instead of that, she just regularly commented about the weather, how beautiful the dress I wore was—I forgot to mention earlier that Gemma got me dress as a goodbye present— and more. I made a comment or two just to make conversation with her.

"Cassie, oh my goodness, I missed you so much." Ana literally jumped on me the moment I opened the door when we got home. Her familiar scent pulled me to her and I found myself hugging her powerfully which made her lose balance. As she fell, she took me down with her and we both ended up on the cold tiled-floor. Immediately, we burst out laughing, this scenario reminded us both of how extremely playful we were as kids. We'd run around boisterously, fall, graze our knees and other parts of our bodies but resumed playing instantly like we were never hurt.

"I called you several times Ana but you didn't pick. What has been keeping you so busy, huh?" I inquired, angry to a degree but I knew there had to be a reason. She wouldn't just stay away from me for no reason. I just hoped mum had nothing to do with this.

"I apologize for that. Please Cassie, I lost my phone during an encounter with the paparazzi." She responded and I was surprised.

"What did the paps want?" I asked. They seldom followed Tess and I, except during mum's presence. Mum and dad were the centre of attraction to the paparazzi, they always chased mum, to get candid pictures of her.

"They discovered you haven't been in the states and kept asking for more information about your whereabouts. When I got exasperated and ranted at them, I accidentally tossed my phone into the ocean at the beach." She explained. I felt pity and could only imagine her ordeal. Ana was never a hot tempered person, that meant the paparazzi must have given her way too much trouble to endure.

"I'm sorry you passed through all that. Hope you got a new phone now?" I asked.

"Yup! Phillip got me a new phone today while we were out on a date." She gushed over their date.

"I believe your relationship has progressed a great deal, hasn't it?"

"It has. Phillip is so sweet. I've never known any man who understands me like he does. We've been inseparable. I spent the weekend with him and we had so much fun getting to know each other better. I think I might move in with him soon." She sensed my surprise and added, "I love him so much and I'm an adult. Furthermore, my dad and your parents agreed when I told them I might go leave with Phillip. So, it's all settled." she ended. Phillip must be rich or well to do if mum agreed on their relationship. I flinched at the thought of my mother, encouraging me to be in a relationship for money. It was extremely saddening!

"What's wrong Cassie? You look worried." Ana asked as she noticed my tense outlook. I wasn't in the mood to dig into mum's way of life, I changed the subject and we rattled on and on. I asked after Dad, she replied by saying he went on an impromptu business meeting then, we talked about my journey to England. I told her everything but specifically left out the part of the incidents. She was elated that I had fun. I got beat and retreated to my room. Goodness!  I missed the familiar scent and coziness of my bedroom. My body oozed fatigue and I emitted a sigh.

Tomorrow, I'll tell them all about England...

About the incidents!

Right now, sleep beckoned me and I was powerless to its hold.

Show some love; Follow, vote,  comment and share.

Love,
Osaro.