The council

We were waiting for a while. I sat on the bridge the whole time, just waiting for news from down on Eden Prime, and waiting for Mum and Dad to get back.
"Shepard's down!" Dad said through the comm, urgency in his voice.
"Shit!" I muttered, as we went in and extracted them. Mum was taken straight to the medical bay upon boarding. I stayed with Dad. They had also bought back a soldier with them, named Ashley. She seemed pretty cool, must have been a good soldier to have survived a Geth attack.
"What happened, Dad?" I asked, and he sighed.
"She got pulled in by the beacon's gravitational field, and I don't know what it did, but it did something to her." He explained with a sigh.
"She'll be fine, though, right? She's Mum." I said, and he nodded.
"Maybe it wasn't the best idea bringing you with us today. We lost a few good people." He said.
"It's fine, Dad. If I'm gonna be an N7 like Mum, I've gotta get used to it, right?" I said, and he laughed.
"That's not what I would say, but sure." He said, patting my shoulder. "If you want to see her, she's in the medical bay. Just try not to disturb Chakwas." He continued, before going back to the bridge. I walked to the medical bay, and entered to see mom asleep on a bed and a doctor making sure her vitals were okay. She heard me come in, and turned around to face me, her eyebrows furrowing in confusing upon seeing me.
"Oh. You're not a crew member." She stated, and I shook my head.
"I'm here to see my Mum." I said, and she smiled at me.
"Of course, Miss Alenko! I was about to say you looked like the commander." She said, as I sat on the bed next to Mum.
"Actually, I'm a Shepard. Mum and Dad decided that I sounded better as Angelica Shepard instead of Angelica Alenko." I explained, and she nodded.
"If you're like her, then, I bet you wanted to be down there with her and your Dad." She said, and I laughed.
"Hell yeah. I would have loved to see the beacon, too." I told her. I sat there until mum finally woke up about 20 minutes later, trying not to disturb the doctor while she worked.
"Mum, you're awake! Are you alright?" I asked, and she nodded. Doctor Chakwas came back over to us to check Mum over as soon as she heard me say that.
"How long have I been out?" Mum asked.
"About two hours. By the looks of it, you're fine, though." Chakwas said, before Captain Anderson walked in.
"Captain." Mum said.
"It's nice to meet you, sir. I'm Angelica." I said, and he nodded.
"I know. Shepard, we need to get to the council. And maybe drop off your daughter." He said, and I sighed.
"Yeah, we do. How are we gonna do this, though? We need to bring Saren down." Mum replied.
"Well, we'll take anything we can; we need evidence that the council will accept." Anderson replied.
"What about the beacon, Mum? Prothean beacons have the ability to show visions." I said.
"That would explain what I saw then. It looked like people dying." Mum said, and I gasped.
"God, I wish I'd seen that beacon." I muttered, she laughed weakly.
"It was kinda scary, Angie." She said to me.
"Well, we'll meet ambassador Udina when we get to the Citadel. I'll leave you to talk with your girl." Anderson said, before he left the medical bay. Mum looked at me with a frown. She knew what she was gonna say would put me in a bad mood.
"Angie, I think you should stay on the Citadel when we get there. There's a possibility this has just started something massive, and it's something that I'd prefer you weren't involved in." She said, and I sighed, a frown creeping across my face.
"You might need me, Mum. I have knowledge on the Protheans. Not much, but it's there." I said.
"Kaidan, can you come down here?" Mum said through her comm, pausing our conversation until Dad arrived minutes later.
"Thank god you're awake, Bert." He said, and kissed Mum.
"What do we do about Angie, Kaidan?" She asked, and he looked at me, before sighing.
"It's much safer if she stays on the Citadel, or goes back to Earth. She could stay with my Mum and Dad." He said, and I stood up.
"I don't want to do that, though. I'm fed up with being left behind! I've barely spent any time with you two and I'm already fifteen!" I said with my voice slightly raised, and Mum sighed.
"I'm sorry, Angie." She said, and I shook my head.
"Don't you realise this is what I want to do? I've always wanted to follow in your footsteps. And you know I'm capable of doing this stuff!" I said.
"We'll sort it out when we get to the Citadel."