Anneth tore through the trees to where she recalled leaving Amarwe, her shoulders shaking as she ran, her breaths becoming irregular and painful. She stumbled, the path blurring before her tear-filled eyes, the leaves blending together to form a sea of green and nothing more, so that Anneth knew no longer where she was going.

"Anneth!" came a sudden cry, and she followed it, knowing it had come from her little sister.

Again Anneth laid eyes upon her sister, and relief washed over her. The log was pulled from her, and Amarwe's leg bandaged.

Amarwe was pulled into a fierce hug by her oldest sister, and soon the little elleth had fallen asleep in Anneth's arms, weary from her injury and from her tears.

There were few words large enough to describe the weight that had lifted from her shoulders, the consolation of knowing her sister now was safe. She pressed a kiss to Amarwe's forehead, overjoyed to see now her sister at peace, though her despairing cries still uncomfortably resonated inside of her head.

For some moments she was unable to protect her sister as she should, and terror struck her heart. Now she could again ensure some joy for Amarwe, and she was glad once more.

Once it was my sisters who lamented each time I departed, and now it is I who weeps at their leaving

Once it was my sisters who lamented each time I departed, and now it is I who weeps at their leaving. It is to be expected of many, a departure, for there is little hope to found in these times, and even if hope was abundant, the power of the Eldar does fade, and so our people embark on new journeys so that they may look upon new and greater horizons that shall be found only in Valinor, in Eldamar.

Greater lives are what most seek in the Undying Lands, but no greater life shall I discover there, for it has not been found within me to sail.

My dearest friends are they, and I love them far too much to even think to ask them to stay, for it is better that they find joy than my own feeling be preserved. I will be saddened at their leaving, but I can find joy in theirs.

Easily I can recall the days when both my sisters clung to me each time I attempted to leave the house, and now it is who would wish to cling to our bonds and not allow them to be broken. They are them who I trust the most, and there is little we keep from one another; truly they are the greatest friends. And greater still, they are my family.

Those nearest to one's heart should all be members of their family, and in mine own family, that is unendingly true.

I wished to become angered with Nana informed me that Laineth planned to leave and had told me not, yet I could not be upset with her, and now I seek her company.

When I arrive, Laineth is sitting in the dirt beside her door, and she quickly stands to her feet and runs to me, crushing me in an embrace so tight I might lose the capability to breathe.

"You are not angry with me, are you, sister?" Laineth asks, concerned.

"No, Laineth, not in the slightest. I am only saddened because you and Amarwe are my dearest friends, and I wish not to have you lost to me."