Chapter 1| I don't hate you.

Millie

The atmosphere is hot and thick with anticipation as I feel the soft strokes of synthetic bristles brush gently against the surface of my face.

The makeup artist takes a step back and grins at me widely, an artist perfecting her work. The woman, whom I shamefully can not recall her name, sends me two thumbs up as a green light before quickly scurrying off the set.

I take a deep ragged breath, struggling to draw breath into my lungs in the process. Then, a command I have heard dozens of times before booms.

"And . . . action!"

I twist the door handle open and walk into set, ignoring the row of cameras as my gaze is met with everyone stood before me, staring at me with shock, betrayal and even relief.

Suddenly Finn Wolfhard emerges from the small crowd, a conflicted expression shadowing his face as he gains closer to me. I feel an ache pounding on my chest as I study him carefully. A flame dances around his pupil, finding his gaze holding mine selfishly captive as his smile stretches ear to ear.

"Eleven." Finn whispers.

"Mike . . ." I gasp and we close the space between us.

Finn's body heat welcomes me into a blanket of warmth that yet again comforts me, feeling myself selfishly melt underneath his sculpted embrace. I feel his face bury onto the column of my neck and I try not to react, for the simple reason that it isn't scripted for him to do that.

"Is that?" I hear the faint sound of Sadie Sink's voice, and catch glimpse of Caleb McLaughlin and Gaten Matarazzo nod.

My attention stills on Sadie for a burning moment as she gives me a small smile before smacking her lips together, and I force down the giggle that threatens to escape.

Finn and I part, and I align my gaze to a pair of big doe eyes that stare down at me. "I never gave up on you" Finn whimpers, and a single tear strolls down my cheek in response.

"I called you every night," Finn pauses, a small smile on his lips. "Every night for—"

"353 days." I shake my head in response. Finn's gaze hardens before me in shock.

"I heard."

"Why didn't you tell me you were there— that you were okay?" Finn's face falls.

"Because I wouldn't let her." David's low, husky voice interrupts.

"CUT!"

Finn's arms almost immediately drop to his side and once again I feel a cold chill as he takes a step back. I sniffle quietly and pat my cheeks dry with the sleeve of jacket before turning to Sadie.

"Sadie! I almost ruined that scene because of your face—" I snap and both Caleb and Gaten chuckle in response.

"Oops." is all Sadie says with a devilish smirk, shrugging sarcastically at me.

"Ross is that a wrap?" Finn asks as he draws closer to one of the cameras Ross Duffer worked behind. I follow suit behind him, taking a quick glimpse at the screen. The playback begins from the moment I walk in up until David's line.

"I think that was brilliant, a lot of chemistry in this scene." Matt nods with an impressed grin.

"On screen chemistry." Finn corrects flatly.