❝distances❞ » hsw.

author's note — HI i'm finally done with this imagine! i'm sorry it took me sooooo long to finish this... i've been a bit busy with work and there's been lots of things happening recently too... thank you to @aerijam for this request! i hope it's to your liking uwu do enjoy!

request #3 - ha sungwoon
loading...

...loading complete!

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

long distance relationships are tough, aren't they...

*・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*

"Like I said, Aera, I'm still busy with work in Seoul. I want to see you too, but I can't. Can't you understand me a little?"

Aera scoffed and rolled her eyes. "That's what you said seven months ago Sungwoon, and on the phone nonetheless, mind you. It's not like I haven't tried going to Korea to see you, but I never get to see you personally even if I go to your concerts because you're always flying off immediately for another schedule."

Sungwoon remained silent, unable to come up with any words to say, and let out a frustrated sigh instead.

"I know, I need to be more understanding because of your job. But you need to understand my situation too. I'm really happy that you're finally getting the attention you deserve and you're realising your dreams, but I get hurt and upset when I realise I won't be able to see you for a long time. When was the last time we even called each other over the phone for a small chat?" Aera huffed as her hands started to tremble. She took a deep breath, hoping that it'd help calm her nerves before she continued talking.

"I'm not gonna ask for much now, all I really want is just for you to call me, maybe once a week or so, even if just for five minutes. I miss you," Aera continued. Tears started to well up in her eyes and trickled down her cheeks drop by drop. Not wanting Sungwoon to know she was crying, she wiped her tears away with her thumb quickly and stifled her sobs, but of course, it didn't work.

"I—oh god, please don't cry—I miss you too, Aera. I'm sorry for hurting you like this," Sungwoon whispered over the phone, his voice cracking as he tried to speak.

"I'm really sorry, but our comeback's coming up soon... I can't waste a single second," he breathed softly, carefully saying each word as if he was afraid he'd say the wrong words and hurt her.

Aera's heart fell immediately. 'That's right. It had always been his job that came first, not me. What was I expecting?'

Her tears soon stopped falling too. The sadness, desperation, and hope in her all faded. All that was left in her was an emptiness, a feeling she would never be able to explain in words. She knew this was going to happen eventually, after the numerous fights, no matter how hard she tried to stay strong for this relationship. Or maybe she just wasn't as strong as she expected herself to be, after all.

"Sungwoon... I've decided. Why don't we just break up?"

"What?"

"It's not going to work out between us... This relationship is too painful for me to bear, and I'm sure it is for you, too." Aera clenched her fist, her nails digging into the skin of her palm.