She just kept staring at me, anticipating for me to run or strike or do anything for that matter. All I could do was stammer. "E...Ellie...?"

She didn't respond to the name. All she did was keep staring. It was quickly unsettling me to no end. Before I could say anything more though, I heard her say in a monotonous voice, "She's not here anymore. It's just me."

My body tensed up more than it already was. As the both of us were locked into a stare down, I gradually clenched my fists and scowled slightly. "...Y-Yes she is... I know she is. Ellie is still in there!"

"I told you, it's just me," she replied. "I'm here to stay."

"No, you won't," I growled. "Bring her back."

"I said she isn't here anymore," she stated.

"Where is she then? Huh?" I stepped closer, looming over her small figure. Despite this, she was still highly intimidating. "Give her back to me. Give her back!"

"How can you ask for something that doesn't exist anymore," she remarked flatly, "It's impossible."

"No it's not!" I was getting frustrated with this girl. She looks like Elizabeth but she's not my Sunshine. I want my Sunshine! "Bring her back, you demented, little bitch. Give Elizabeth back to me!!!"

"She was never yours," she hissed slightly.

I froze and then began sneering even more. "Well, she sure as Hell isn't His," I growled.

She just stared at me for a few more moments. Her lips upturned in a small smile and she muttered, "I can't bring back your precious girl, even if I wanted to-."

"You will!!! No matter what I have to break to make you!!!" I seethed.

Her smile widened slightly and she went on. "I'm telling you, I can't bring her back."

Slight confusion filled my head and I asked, "What do you mean you can't bring her back?"

"It's not up to me," she answered, "its up to Daddy."

It took me a while to register what she had meant. When I did I could feel the anger race through my veins and I snapped. "Zalgo is NOT Elizabeth's father! Louis Umber is! Her real father died, protecting her real mother!!! She's an Umber, not a demon spawn! A father isn't the being who gave chaos to this world!!! A father doesn't try killing all of humanity!!! A father isn't a fucking monster!!! A father is a father!!! Zalgo is not that! He is a monster, all he does is destroy and destroy for the sake of dominance!!! He is a monster...! And monsters deserve to die...!!!"

Without any emotion in her tone, this...girl...said something that left me speechless.

"Then why are you not dead already?"

I just stared at her, unable to speak. I looked away from her and grit my teeth in frustration. My fists shook and clenched tighter and harder, until I thought I felt something trickle down my palm but nothing was there. Through a quivering, angered tone, I muttered, "I...I'm not a monster... I'm just another coward... I've always been a coward..."

"Tch," she stifled, "I see."

I looked back into her crimson eyes and continued. "I'm a coward that wouldn't change anything if he died..! I'm nothing...! If I die, I'd die being nothing but a waste of space! But, just because I'm a coward, doesn't mean that I don't want to die without fighting 'til my last breath! So, yeah, I'm a coward! But, I'm not weak."

She frowned slightly though her face quickly contorted back into its expressionless look. I brought a little more confidence in my stance and glared down at her. "So, I will fight. I will fight for what is needed. And, when I'm through, Ellie will go and do what she was meant for! She's going to make your pathetic excuse of a twisted bastard you call Daddy go running back to the Hell he came from and wish he never, ever came back!!!" I started stepping up closer to her until she was forced to slowly walk back. "I'm going to ask, one more time, for you to give Elizabeth back. Bring. Her. Back."