Chapter 11: Truth

Grayson's P.O.V

Ignoring my thoughts I say "Well now you've got me Brook, and Ethan. We won't let anyone hurt you. I won't let anyone hurt you" I say and tighten my arms around her. She sniffles and looks up at me with a small smile.

I don't think I'm going to ask her about the first kiss thing now. Right now is not the time and I don't think it's that big of a deal but I just wanna know why ya know?

"Enough of my sob stories. I've honestly cried more than I have in months in the span of me knowing you" She says with a laugh clearly trying to change the subject and lighten the mood

"Well either way you're gorgeous even though I don't want you to be sad Brook you're too amazing to ever be down" I say truthfully. Someone as amazing as her does not deserve all this pain of the past.

How can I be so crazy about someone I just met? I guess you could say it was love at first sight. I thought that stuff just happened in movies.

We lay on the hammock in silence with our still soaked bodies against one another swaying gently. There's no where I'd rather be.

A few moments later I hear rustling from nearby trees.

"DAMMIT, YOU BEAT ME HERE GRAY!" Ethan yells coming out from behind the trees the cover the secret bridge. Brook and I jolt up as if we were doing something and got caught but we really weren't.

"What the?!.... there's a bridge?....." Brook says and her eyes squint looking up at me and giving me a death stare. I look down at her and I smile and jump off the hammock running away and she chases me.

"Oh hey, the hammock is available" Ethan says disregarding Brook and I running around.

I stop and turn around and I see Brook coming at me full speed and it's too late for her to slow down. She tackles me and we fall to the ground and we burst out in laughter.

"EWW WHAT THE HECK?! What were you guys doing over here?!" Ethan yells jumping of the hammock.

"Why is it wet?!" He says again and Luna is laughing uncontrollably.

"We went for a swim" I say with a wink even though all we did was go for a swim. Brook looks at me and pushes me playfully.

"A swim huh?" Ethan says teasingly and Luna and him start making remarks such as "ooh-la-la" And "smoochy smoochy" And the rest was unclear but Brook and I get up from the ground and roll our eyes.

"We should get going to give you two some alone time" Brook says with a smirk. She grabs my hand and walks towards the bridge and I follow.

We get back to where we left our stuff and I grab my shirt and throw it over my shoulder and sit down on the grass to put on my socks and shoes and Brook does the same.

Brook's P.O.V

We finish putting on our shoes and Gray stands up and then helps me up.

"So Brook I gotta ask you something..." Grayson says scratching the back of his head and my heart sinks cause everyone knows those are the most suspenseful words to hear.

"What's up?!" I say cheerfully with a smile clearly hiding that I'm crapping my pants. Grays takes my hand and we walk side by sid back to where we came from... I think, everything looks the same.

"Remember when we went to the mall?" He starts and I look at him confused

"Yeah... what about it?" I say completely dumbfounded.... OH, My Eyes widen and I remember what happened in that hollister store. I told him he was my first kiss that day. I only did because moving here was a fresh start and I was forgetting all of my past including... Liam.

"Well you told me tha-" Gray starts but I cut him off cause I know what he's about to say.

"Are you talking about what I told you was my first kiss?" I ask grabbing both of his forearms, his very veiny and masculine forearms.

"Yeah..." he pauses with a hint of disappointment in his tone

"I honestly do consider you my first. Ive completely erased my past. The whole reason I moved here was to get away from everything else so everything that happened back in Miami stays in Miami. Okay?" I say giving him a reassuring look, making direct contact with those stunning eyes of his.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Okay.... I know it's been years and none of you probably remember this story LOL. I just happened to reinstall watt pad and saw this chapter sitting in my drafts so I'm just going to post it for old times sake. Idk if I'm ever going to finish this story but being back on this app makes me miss writing so much so who knows. I love y'all and hope you've enjoyed the story so far.

Stay beautiful <3