Chapter 5: My Worst Nightmare

(Pebbles is the dog in the pic 😁)

Brook's P.O.V

After Pebbles is all patched up we took him a shower and the Dolan's went to change and I managed to make it upstairs with Pebbles to change myself.

I change into a white long sleeve v-neck that slightly shows cleavage, light blue jeans, and caramel colored uggs.

I throw my hair in a bun, grab Pebbles and go downstairs.

After a short wait there's a knock at the door and I grab Pebbles and my keys and head outside and lock the door behind me.

We all get in the car, I'm riding shotgun, Gray is driving and Ethan is in the back seat with pebbles.

"Are you gonna tell your parents Pebbles is back?" Gray asks while we're stopped at a red light

"I guess I have to, they kinda live in the same house as me" I say leaning my head on the window.

"When did you first get the little guy?" Ethan asks and I smile at the memory.

"Well, me and Pebs go waaaaay back. I was 8 when we found him. I was in my backyard eating a bowl of fruity pebbles and then I heard whining coming from a bush and I like majorly freaked, like c'mon, I was 8. So, I called my dad and he came running and I told him I heard something crying in the bushes, he thought I was just hearing things until he heard it himself, so he took a look and he found Pebbles under the bushes crying. He wasn't hurt or anything he was just, crying. So we went inside and I as an 8 year old child was SUPER excited then my Dad asked me what I wanted to name him and I said Pebbles and we lived happily ever after." I say very truthfully detailed.

"Wow, seems like it was destiny" Ethan says petting Pebbles.

"It was" I respond with a smile.

A few minutes later we're parked and ready to buy some doggy supplies.

We all get off the car and gladly my foot feels more comfortable in my uggs.
Ethan carries Pebbles in his right arm and I'm in the middle of both of them with Grayson on my right, Ethan on my left and together we walk into Petco.

We walk in and I grab Pebbles from Ethan and walk around, after a minute or two Ethan and Grayson are looking at parrots or something and I wander off into the leash and collar aisle.

I kneel down on the floor and put pebbles next to me. I see some pretty rad collars like one that is black leather with spikes which would make him look like a badass or the goody goody one that's royal blue with white doggie bones everywhere....mhmm.....Badass one it is.

When I look to the floor Pebbles is limping away out of the aisle and I chase him.

"Pebbles!" I say and pick him up, when I look up, there he is. My one and only true, worst nightmare.

"L-Liam? What the hell are you doing here? You're s-supposed to be in M-Miami" I stutter out holding Pebbles tightly to my chest

"Oh ya about that, I followed you" he says walking closer with his ocean blue eyes piercing right through me, and he flips his dark brown hair to the side.

"W-what do you want?" I say stepping back and he still walks closer.

"You" he says and pauses "of course" and my back crashes against the dog food cans and a couple fall to the ground

"Stop Liam!" I yell at his face and pebbles starts to growl

"Who's gonna save you this time? Looks like there's no one else here for you but your stupid little dog" he says back and now his face is less than three inches away from mine

"Liam, please go away" I whisper and close my eyes as if somehow he's going to magically disappear.

Ethan's P.O.V

"Hey, have you seen Brook?" Grayson asks

"Nope, but I think I saw her go by the collars or something" I say and we both walk over there.

"BUT WHY'D YOU LEAVE ME, YOU LEFT ME ALL ALONE OVER THERE, YOU WERE THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT ME ALIVE AND YOU JUST LEFT!" We heard some guy scream and we stayed hiding in the aisle to hear what else he has to say

"I couldn't breathe without you Brookster, just please come back" the guy says softer and then B replies

"No, I can't" in a weak soft voice

"C'MON BROOK YOU CAN'T FUCKING STAY HERE, YOU BELONG WITH ME" The guy says, punching the dog food cans denting some and Gray decides jumps in.

Brook's P.O.V

"I believe the lady said no" Gray says pulling Liam's shoulder turning him around an then punching him in the face. HARD.

Liam falls to the ground and I run into Grayson's arms and I explode into tears. As much as I hate to cry in front of people I couldn't hold back.

Ethan takes Pebbles From arms to keep him from drowning in my tears.

"C'mon we gotta go" Gray says and he decides to carry me since I'm still crying on his shoulder and unable to move.

Grayson walks quickly to the exit and Ethan follows with Pebbles in his arms. We exit the store and Gray and Ethan run and I feel so weak, I hate this.

"I'll drive" Ethan says getting into the drivers seat, placing Pebbles on the passenger seat and Gray goes into the backseat with me on his lap.

I dig my face into his chest cause I don't want them to see me like this. His muscular arms tighten around me and I feel so safe, right here, right now, in his arms.

"It's gonna be okay" He whispers tucking a loose hair behind my ear and his words send a shiver down my spine.

"Who was that guy?" Gray asks in a low sweet whisper

"My worst nightmare"

**************************************************************************

dun Dun DUNNNNN CLIFFHANGER!
!!!! Next chapter coming soon hope you like it!!! Thanks for reading and don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts.

STAY FABULOUS!!!