two

3/3/16
🌙
It's my birthday I can't believe I'm seventeen! I woke up and checked my phone. No one had texted, called or wished me a happy birthday.. usually I would celebrate with my mom but she had passed away due to cancer a couple months ago. Not seeing her for the first time on my birthday wasn't  easy either. I had recently lost a lot of friends too. I wasn't upset about it. They were fake anyway 🌻

I decided to go into work since I didn't have anything better to do today. I drove down to the little coffee shop. The chance of Lauren being there was not likely because she never came on Sundays. Not only was my birthday a bust but I couldn't even admire my moon.

I continued to work for the rest of the day and it was about seven o'clock and we were about to close when someone walked in.
It was Lauren..
She walked up to me and said..
"Happy Birthday Camz.."
"How do you know my name.." I replied. I sounded like a nervous idiot.
I had no clue what was happening. I didn't expect this even the tiniest bit.
"...oh but thank you" I nervously replied.
"Don't act clueless" she rolled her eyes.
"Huh?"
"You know I've admired you since I started coming here.. I even told you the coffee here is putrid.. why else would I come her almost everyday?" Lauren questioned.
And honestly.. I didn't know how to reply to that. I had no clue she even acknowledged my existence. But surprisingly what hurt the most is that my coffee sucked. If it where anyone else I'd kill.
"Oh.. sorry" I'm an actual idiot.
"nah. It's fine.. but it is your birthday soo.. what do you say we get out of this dump?"
my heart started fluttering but I just
smiled.