Chapter 7 ~ Distance

~Bellamy's POV~
I walked into Clarke's room. She finally was able to get out of medical and get her own room. Clarke was sitting at her desk. I walked up behind her and lay my hand on her fragile shoulder. She reached her's up and laid it on mine.
"Hey, you ok?" I asked.
"Yeah, I'm fine," she responded and wiped her tears away.
"I know you're not, Clarke. What happened?"
"Finn came in and... and he started questioning a bunch of things. Like why you were the only person I talked to during my time in medical, why I trust you, and why I don't want to talk to him," she sighed.
"Seems like you could use a break," I said and helped her stand up. She leaned on her right leg and used my arms for balance.
"Yeah, definitely," she replied and brushed the hair out of her face.
"Come on," I said and pulled her closer to me.
"Where are we going?"
"I'm taking you out. Away from all these people," I told her and walked her out the door.

~Clarke's POV~
Bellamy brought me outside and headed to the gate. He had his arm wrapped around my waist, like always, to help me walk. I felt a hand wrap around my wrist and jerk me around. I lost my balance and almost fell but Bellamy caught me.
"Where are you going?" Finn asked.
"It's none of your business, Finn. You lost the right to ask me that," I said and tried to walk off. Bellamy stopped me and pulled me closer to him.
"Can't walk without me, remember?" he said and walked me away.

We walked through the woods for about an hour. Until we reached the top of a hill that over looks Arkadia. The sun just setting over the trees. The sky was painted with blues, oranges, pinks, and yellows.
"It's beautiful," I said quietly and tears formed in my eyes. I felt his strong arms come from behind and rest around my body. His head laid itself down on the top of my head.
"Yeah, like you," he breathed. I held my breath and turned around. His hands rested on my hips. Most of my body weight was on my right leg.

~Bellamy's POV~
She looked so beautiful in this light. The setting sun shines in her hair and made it look golden. Her eyes were bright blue and staring up at me. I blushed.
"Is Bellamy Blake blushing?" she teased.
"N-No," I stuttered and she laughed.
"Sure. Look, Bellamy. I wanted to thank you. For helping me and taking care of me," she said and looked down. I pulled her chin up and leaned in. Our noses touching.
I expected her to pull away but she didn't. Instead, she closed the distance. Her lips were soft and warm. She ran her fingers through my hair and leaned all her weight on me.
We broke free to catch our breath and she rested her head on my chest. "Bellamy," she started.
"It's ok. We can take our time if you want," I told her and held the back of her head.
"I just don't know how my mom will react," she said.
"Yeah, your mom's not a big fan of me," I said and silently chuckled. She sighed and looked up.
"I'm sure we could make it work though," she said and kissed my cheek, "We should get back."