~ Author's Note ~

Swan Lake is one of the few romantic tragedies I have come to like, perhaps because my first encounter with it was through a retelling and that one had a happy ending

Swan Lake is one of the few romantic tragedies I have come to like, perhaps because my first encounter with it was through a retelling and that one had a happy ending. It was only later that I discovered the true nature of the story. However, by then, I had been enraptured by the Swan Lake theme song, and there was no turning back from there. In retrospect, the music itself should have been clue enough for me to realize how sad the ballet could be.

Well, tragedies do have a mysterious pull of their own.

Nevertheless, doing a retelling of something I so loved and revered had never occurred to me, and it would never have if not for The FairyTale Community's theme for their latest contest.

It was a whimsical moment of decision when I declared I wanted to attempt this genre of writing, and wow, I am still amazed that I actually did do it!

I cannot say how long this story will last. All I know is where it is headed and how it is going to head there. So, I hope you like the journey portrayed here as much as I get nervous about posting a new chapter here.

More than anything, I hope this does not turn into an awful attempt ever made.

On that note, let me close this note (hahaha!!) and thank you for reading this!

~ Lee.

RE-NOTE:

In light of the fact that I decided to rewrite this story as part of the NaNoWriMo 2018, I hope to finish this novel with the due care and respect the story deserves. Frankly, I was scared to be attempting a retelling before and that affected a lot of what I wrote in the now-unpublished chapters. However, now I am ready to work with complete dedication and vigour.

And hopefully you shall get a tale you will come to love.

~ Lee.