Quick footsteps came towards me and I bumped my head right into my mate's chest. "You found me." He mumbled.

"You saved me." I rolled my eyes.

"You expected me to let you run face first into a wall?" He said.

"Just hoped I wouldn't run into a wall." I answered with a shrug. "So, chicken nuggets?"

"Sure, come on." He chuckled and I felt his body heat go away.

"Uhm, Gio?" I questioned as I stood still.

"Right, blindness." He muttered and I heard his footsteps return. "What now?"

"I don't know, you tell me." I rolled my eyes. "I'm blind."

"True." He took my hand in his. "I guess I'll be your guide wolf then." He placed my hand im the crook of his elbow. "You just hold on and don't lose my scent."

"Your scent is kind of stuck in my brain." I chuckled. "You are still my mate."

"Try telling those stupid humans that." He growled as he guided me outside.

~~~~~

"I'm telling you Ava, I think he changed his mind." I said as we laid on my bed. "I really feel closer to him, being with him all the time for four days really strengthened the mate bond."

"Lotus, I don't want to burst your bubble but please don't get your hopes up." She mumbled "I know that you really want this but I just don't want you to get hurt even worse in the end." She sighed. "I know Giovanni and I know that it is going to take a lot for him to change his mind."

"I know, Ava. I am probably just getting my hopes up again. Like last time." My voice cracked. "He will never want me."

"No, no, no." Ava panicked as the bed moved. "Don't cry, please don't cry."

"I can't help it!" I sobbed as tears streamed down my face. "The only way I can get my mate's attention is by being injured. He's only around me so the healing process speeds up and then he can go back to his own things."

"You have to stop crying!" She wiped my tears, only for new ones to appear. "Please!"

"Ava!" A loud voice roared through the house. "What are you doing?!" The voice came closer as footsteps were heard. "My mate better not be crying in there!" I heard an angry, rapid heartbeat at the same time the door opened.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled to Ava as she helped me sit up.

"It's not your fault." She held my hand while we stood up.

"What happened?" My mate's scent got stronger and I felt his body heat radiate of him as he stood before me.

"Nothing, just some girl stuff." I assured. "You still feel my emotions?" It was silent for a while until Ava spoke up.

"She can't see." She reminded him of my blindness.

"Oh yeah." He mumbled. "Yes, I can still feel your emotions."

"Did you nod?" I chuckled.

"No." He answered.

"Heard that." I teased.

"Heard what?" Confusion clear in his voice.

"That slight jump in your heartbeat." I taunted. "I'm your mate, I think I can tell when you're lying." I quoted him.

"Yeah, yeah." He sighed. "What are you going to do?" He asked because I started walking.

"If I'm going to be blind for a while I might as well try to get the hang of it." I shrugged. "Ow." I hissed as I bumped against something.