10. Wolf guide.

POV Lotus.

I woke up and opened my eyes. Then I sighed, remembering that I was blind. I decided to use my other senses to my benefit for now. I sniffed the air and noted that Giovanni was still in the room. I felt a weight on my stomach and moved my hand towards it. His heartbeat was slow and steady, just like his breathing. It meant that he was still asleep.

"Okay, that's his head." I mumbled to myself as I felt his nose. I rested my hand on his head, gently running my fingers through his hair. I heard the door open and multiple scents evaded my nostrils. "Shush, Bennie." I said. "You guys too, Diaz and Charlie."

"How did you know it was us?" Diaz asked as I heard them moving around.

"I lived with you guys for eighteen years, I think I can recognize your scents by now." I rolled my eyes. Pretty boring, staring into the darkness all the time. "Be quiet." I hissed at them. "You'll wake him up."

"Wh-" Benedict started but I cut him off.

"Go outside and tell Eli and Ava to keep quiet when they come in here." I told them.

"They're coming?" Charlie asked as the door opened.

"They're already here." I mumbled.

"Lotus!" Ava exclaimed. "You're awake!"

"Yeah, now so is he." I sighed as I heard the slight change in my mate's heartbeat. His head moved underneath my fingertips and a slight groan was heard. "Great job, Ava." I frowned as his head left my stomach.

"How long have you been up?" He mumbled.

"A couple of minutes." I answered his question, turning my head to the place where his voice came from. "I smelled Benedict and didn't want them to wake you up."

"Have you told them yet?" He whispered and I shook my head. "Should I tell them?" I nodded.

"Tell us what?" Elijah asked.

"Because Lotus looked into the lightning, she is temporarily blind." Giovanni informed them and a lot of them gasped. "It's okay, the doctor said she will heal. It just takes a little time."

~~~~~

"Gio?" I asked as I grabbed my phone.

"You've said my name a lot these past few hours." My mate hummed.

"Sorry, I just need confirmation that you're here before I start talking." I mumbled. "Apart from your scent because it's in the whole room." I can't tell him that I can tell exactly which heartbeat was his because that would be creepy.

"You can't tell by my heartbeat?" Shock was clear in his voice.

"I can." I nodded as I felt my cheeks heat up. "But it's kind of weird to say that." I told him. "Could you turn on some music?" I held my phone out to him.

"Sure." He took it from me. "Wait, I need your thumb." He grabbed my hand and placed my finger against the phone. Not much later soft music flowed through the room and a small smile crept on my lips.

"Can we get some food?" I asked, getting out of bed. "Maybe some chicken nuggets." I suggested, walking towards the place where I thought my mate was. I heard that he shuffled to the other side of the room. "You moved." I pouted when my hand hit the wall.

"No, I didn't." He chuckled. My head snapped towards the source of the sound started moving. I focused my hearing but my hands hit the bed.

'Stop using your hands.' Adora ordered.

'Do you want me to run into a freaking wall?' I exclaimed.

'Just trust me on this.' She pleaded and I sighed. I let my arms drop to my side and started walking towards his heartbeat. I could hear him moving away but still continued to walk, hoping I wouldn't run right into the wall.