Prolouge: Living Under the Moon

"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls".
~George Carlin

Selene

I was born during an eclipse. The very moment the sun and moon overlapped. My father said I glowed, shined like a star in cloudless night. My mother said she never had an easier pregnancy. No morning sickness or weird cravings. I was perfect. My sister, Stacey, tells me I didn't cry, or scream through the night. In fact I was so quite that they thought something was wrong with me.

When I was four I did something unusual.
You see my brother, Stephan, had picked me this beautiful orchid from my mother's garden but after a couple of days it started to die. Soon Stacey got tired of me staring at it so she threw it out a window.

I ran outside and picked it up, cradled it in my small hands. I closed my hands around it, closed my eyes and imagined it bright and beautiful.

When I opened my eyes I was shocked to see that it was as fresh as the day Stephan had given it to me. I ran inside to show my mother she was startled at my story, I don't think she quite believed me at the time. But she did when I was five.

We were all outside in my mother's garden having a picnic. I was playing in the flowers when I saw an injured butterfly, it was missing part of it's wing. I carefully picked it up and rushed it to my mother. She carefully examined it and told me it couldn't fly so it was most likely to die and that there was nothing we could do.

That was the first time I ever cried. I took the butterfly, closed my chubby hands around it's fragile body, then closed my teary eyes and prayed to the Moon Goddess for that butterfly.
Then something amazing happened. I felt the butterfly start to flutter in my hands. When I opened them the butterfly's wing was healed I yelled for my family, pointing and jumping with joy.

That's when my mother started to worry, when she saw it with her own eyes. They pulled me out of school and broke away from the pack to make sure no one found out about my "gifts".

But the real problem was raised when I shifted when I was ten. I was a pure white wolf. My parents were flabbergasted. They told me how rare it was for someone to have a white wolf, and how unusual. Apparently that also meant I was a target.

It was said that pure white wolves were powerful, so powerful that not even the Knight Wolves couldn't even match their strengths. The fact that white wolves were also said spawns of the Moon Goddess did not help my situation. Alpha's would try to kidnap and mate me to help make their pack stronger. So here I am, tens years old already isolated , told I'm important and must be protected.

My father trained me, taught me everything he knew. My father was a Alpha's son. But his older brother inherited the title. So he became a Beta standing beside his brother. He met my mother when her pack met with his. She was the Alpha's daughter and also came from a strong Alpha lineage. They were heartbroken when we left but was willing to do anything to keep me safe.

Sadly, I couldn't be safe forever.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Hey guys, this is my first story! I'm so excited to write and have great ideas for this story. Sorry it's so short! I promise the next chapter will be longer!Please if you like the story comment and vote. Thanks! :)