Chapter 4

"All passengers who are flying to London, you must check your board cards now."

Me and dad were sitting and watching our phones. We stood up as soon as we heard the message. Mom and Auden were on another flight and they would travel after us. I'm just glad I'm with dad.

"I still can't believe you agreed." Dad looked at me. "I really don't know what made you rethink or why you didn't want to go but ... I'm so happy that you agreed." I smiled at him and hugged him. "I love you."

"What's wrong with you, Em? Lately you've been saying "I love you" more than you should." Dad looked at me in astonishment.

" I'm just happy. That's all."

"Okay then." Dad looked at me jokingly suspicious. "And now, let me remind you of the rules ..." After these words, I began to speak with him, because before we took off, he repeat them at least a thousand and ten times. "First, don't go to strange places alone or with Sydney without my permission. Second, no parties without my permission. Third, be careful with whom you are talking about. Well, maybe I repeat them a little more than I had to."

"Maybe?"

"And remember: if you break one of those rules, we are going back to New York. Are we clear?"

"Yes, daddy, yes." I moaned.

"All passengers flying to London at 6pm, please check your boarding cards."

"Come on, Em. After you."

We checked our boarding cards and the small bus took us to the plane. Two minutes later, we were already sitting on the plane and watching the safety instructions. Thank God there was nobody sitting next to us.

"Are you ready?"

"I've never been more ready." I grasped his hand and leaned on his shoulder.

                   [9 hours later]

"Yes mom. We just arrived. Yes, we are fine. The flight was wonderful. No, we haven't eaten yet. Yes, we'll be able to get to the hotel. Yes, calm down, mom. Okay. Take care."

"Let me guess: the over-caring mom has returned?" Dad chuckled at me.

"Oh, definitely. But I still love her."

"More than me?"

I hit him and we laughed.

"Okay, now, where is the hotel?"

"It's a long way off, I'll call a taxi."

"Okay, I'll call Sydney."

Wow. This hotel is amazing. Even more than I'd imagined. Dad always chooses the best.

"Styles. Two rooms for two."

"Thank you, sir. Sign up here. The rooms are located on the fifth floor. Enjoy yourself!" Dad nodded and turned, handing me the keys to our room with mom. "Uh, excuse me?" The receptionist called dad again. "Can you give me an autograph for my daughter? She's a big fan of your book!"

Dad looked at me.

"Of course."

"Well, I think I should read this book soon." I raised my eyebrow.

"Trust me, it's a little early."

"Hey, I'm not a little girl anymore!" I glanced at his brows. He laughed.

"It was about time!" I cried out and went to hug my mom and Auden. Dad came to us, gave mum a tender kiss and kissed Auden on his forehead.

"Come on, kid. Give me this suitcase and leave the women alone." Dad winked at Auden, who was, again, with his headphones and they walked away.

"How was the flight, dear?"

"It was okay, mom, I told you already!"

"Has Sydney arrived?"

"Yes, she's at their hotel. We'll go out tomorrow and go to Tower Bridge. You will come, won't you?"

"Of course, dear. We're not going anywhere without you." Mommy hugged me and we headed for our room.