Chapter 1

"Em! Breakfast is ready!" Mom called me from downstairs.

"Okay Mom!" I shouted sleepy.

I managed to get out of bed and drag myself to the bathroom to get into a decent look. Dad was in the kitchen reading a new book. When he saw me coming to the living room, he came to me and kissed me on the cheek.

"How are you today, sweetheart?"

"Tired. Soooo tired." I yawned.

"Are you ready for school?" Mom asked me.

"Absolutely!"

"Em, you shouldn't talk to your mother today, she slept in bloody sheets last night." Daddy whispered in my ear and laughed. He always made jokes when me or mom were on our period.

"Harry!" My mother screamed.

At this point in the kitchen came Auden, as always with headphones and greeted us. I've always wondered why he's so interested in music.
Dad went to him and they high fived. For God, men!

"Fried eggs with salad!" Mommy started serving breakfast.

"My favourite!" Dad sat down quickly.

"Dad, these are for me!" I stood upright beside him.

Everyone always told me I resemble him in many ways. I don't understand, I have blond hair, blue eyes, just like mommy!

"Harry, leave the child!"

"But ..."

"I said leave the child!" My mother screamed.

He nodded. Because I felt sorry for him, I gave him half of my eggs and a smile grew on his face.

"My girl!" He told me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Auden, do you want some?" Mom asked.

"No, I'll meet Addy later and we'll have brunch, thanks."

"No problem, dear, have fun!" Sometimes I wonder why my mom treats Auden different than me. As if I'm always the bad girl in the story.

"Oh, dear, you know what my opinion is about over-loving behavior! Sometimes you need to be cold!" Dad caught me by the shoulder and mom rolled her eyes.

Honestly, dad always understood me. He knew exactly how coped in hard times and taught me to defend myself. Mom also understands me, but sometimes she doesn't know how I feel. How I sometimes want to hit Jeanine so hard that blood would run out of her nose. How sometimes I just want to be in my room and scream as much as my voice holds. How I sometimes need my dad's arms around me to feel safe. She must be thinking that I love my dad more than I love her, though that's not the case. She is the best mother in the whole world and no one can change this fact. Of course I need her, she is the woman who has always loved me with all her heart and who has been there for me for sixteen years.

"Well, will you eat that?" Daddy drove me out of my thoughts.

"Actually, I'm not that hungry. I better go. I have to meet Sydney."

"All right, be careful, dear!" Mom hugged me and I left the house.

Sidney is my best friend from high school. We always do everything together - we laugh, we talk, we share secrets, we go to small secret places in the woods, we go to parties, we make pajama parties, we work together on every school project and so on. Mom and dad like her too. Especially mom. She thinks she is a good influence in my life and that I just need this kind of friends. If only she knew what we were doing in the rest of the time ... I laughed at the thought.

I felt vibration from my phone. I unlocked the screen and saw that I had a message from Sydney.

Sydney: Hurry up! I have to tell you something important!
Emery: I have another ten minutes to school!
Sidney: I don't care! Hurry up! :-!

God, this girl can get you out of mind! I hurried because I was curious about what happened to Sydney this time. The last time she had melted chocolate in her shoes and I had to run through the break to the nearest shoe store to buy her new boots and socks.

It turned out that Jeanine (of course) had put the melted chocolate in her shoes while we were in PE class, Sydney didn't see and wore them. This bitch Jeanine doesn't deserve to be in this school!

When I arrived at the school building, Sidney waited with excited expression.

"What's up, Syd?"