Chapter 3

"I love you so, so much, dad!" I didn't pull off his neck. I could feel the smile on his face. "What made you rethink?"

"Oh ... it's nothing..."

"Honey, you'd better pack your bags and text to Sydney that you can go!" Said my mom.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you, mommy!" I hugged my mom. "You have no idea how much I love you!"

"We love you too." My father said, hugging mom over her shoulder. "Now go into your room before I rethink!"

We all laughed and I quickly got into my room to text Sydney.

Emery: Forget the last message. Mom and dad let me go and they will come with us as well! I can't wait! xoxo

After I sent the message, I started preparing my luggage. I took the largest suitcase and started filling it with all the short, thin clothes and thick winter jackets. Still, we don't know what surprises await us there.

"What's up, Syd?" I asked her on FaceTime after three long hours of packing my luggage. She showed me a piece of pizza in her hand and a remote on her bed. "All day, huh?"

"Perhaps." We laughed.

"Look, I'm glad my parents agreed. I don't know how, but it's not important right now. For God's sake, we'll be like those best friends who are basically goals, in all sorts of beautiful places, eat ice cream, walk on stones at the beach ... I love you very much, bestie!"

"And I hate you!" We both laughed.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door.

"Em? Can I come in?" It was daddy.

"Syd, I'll call you in a moment. Tell me what movie you decided to watch!"

After we hung up, I told my dad to come in.

"What's up?" He sat beside me on my bed.

"I brought you pizza. I thought you might be hungry." He handed me the box.

"Mmm, mushrooms ... You know what I like best."

"You are my baby. How would I not know?" He tickled me.

"Thank you, dad. I love you."

"Go to bed in time!" He kissed my forehead and left.

The lights of the party reflected in the air. There was a strange smoke and I couldn't see anything. People were lost in their shadows. A peculiar tall figure appeared strangely to me. He gave me his hand, but I stepped back. He began to approach, and I stepped back aside until I touched the wall.

"The past shouldn't bother us, follow your feelings, and listen to your heart."

In the fog I saw his caramel eyes. He leaned forward. He was millimetres from my lips ...

"Get up, Em, you're late for school!" Mommy lit the lights in my room.

"Noooo ..." I screamed.

"Come on, get up!"

I slightly got up from the bed.

"You know, mommy, I had a very strange dream."

"Oh, you had? What was it?"

For a moment, I asked myself if I had to tell her? She is my mother and she has the right to know, but ...

"I was at a party." Mom sat beside me and began to listen carefully. "There were lots of lights and ... fog. Suddenly a boy with dark hair and caramel eyes appeared. I could only melt from his gaze. Suddenly he approached and ... he said something to me. But ... I can't remember what."

Mom looked at me coldly.

"Well, dream is just a dream. I think you should now think about school, not parties."

"Yes, you are right, I'd better get ready ..."

I got out of bed, and mom kissed me on my forehead.

"Two days, Em! Just two more days!" Sydney said excitedly.

"I'm as excited as you are, I just don't show it." I replied with a mockery.

"Well, come on, show me. SHOW ME HOW EXCITED YOU ARE!" She screamed in my face.

"No ... UGGGH, well, I really can't hide my joy!!! WE WILL GO ON OUR DREAM HOLIDAY!!! The dream holiday!" I started jumping.

I was really terribly excited about this holiday! That's exactly what I had imagined: mom, dad, Auden, Sydney's parents, and, of course, Sydney. Both of us have always dreamed of it, we had even looked at pictures of best friends on such beautiful places and said, "This will someday be us." Correctly, dreams do come true!