2: our love has gone cold

This is supposed to be cringey I promise bye

Dan didn't wake up in the bed from Phil's slightly distorted Manchester apartment. However, it was still too early to breathe a deep sigh of relief and question if it was all just a ridiculous dream.

Because he wasn't home either.

The room he had found himself in was either made of wood or wasn't made of wood but looked very much like it was. There was a heater in the corner of the room, an orange glow radiating from it ever so slightly. What confused Dan the most had to be what was by the wardrobe: a sporting jacket, a pair of joggers sporting the same style and pattern as the jacket, and a pair of ice skates with the laces tied together and hung on the wardrobe's handle. Why the hell would he need ice skates?

Another thing Dan noticed was snow, a hell of a lot of it; it took him by surprise, he was hardly expected to find himself surrounded by icy winds and frozen flakes. It was coming against the windows at a fast speed, a blanket of white almost at the height of the panes of glass that he was looking through. Certainly, there was enough for him to be snowed in if nobody cleared the doorway.

Where was he? The Alps? Canada? In fucking Lapland on his way to see Father Christmas? It was even stranger than the last story he was in, this one had to be an AU, he concluded.

Dan had to find a device with an internet connection - he needed that email to give him a hint as to where the hell he was. There was great irony in that Dan always joked about his life being in danger without the internet; and in his current situation, a connection actually was a potential lifeline.

He soon found a phone that was presumably his; no password just like before but this time was an iPhone that hadn't been made in twenty-ten, instead, a more recent model. Dan opened the phone and clicked on the 'Mail' icon, revealing the email from The Writer. Dan wasn't sure whether that was a reassurance or not, that it confirmed that his life was being controlled by a strange omnipotent figure who just happened to think he and his best friend would look good as a couple.

The Writers.Co.Org
Story Number 2: Our Love Has Gone Cold
Description: Dan thought potentially missing his qualifier because he got snowed inside a Team GB cabin would be the worst thing to happen to him that day. But finding out the only other person in the place was his ex-boyfriend and figure skating rival, Phil Lester, just made it that little bit worse.
Tags/TW/Extra info: fluff with a misleading title, tiny amount of angst, AU, enemies to lovers, getting back together, rivalry, Winter Olympics 2018.
Disclaimer: I have probably bent the rules of the Olympic games ever so slightly because I don't know how sports work tbfh and made up their lodging arrangements.

So he wasn't in the Alps, or Canada, or Lapland. Dan was in PyeongChang, South Korea. Competing in the Olympics, or was supposed to have been, judging by the description.

That was why there were tracksuits and ice skates. It was a Team GB uniform. He was a figure skater. Clearly, someone had been watching too much Yuri!!! On Ice.

Then he heard the voice. The Writer was experimenting with narration, apparently. Dan wasn't sure if this person could choose any random voice or if the voice was theirs. But it sounded a hell of a lot like Morgan Freeman.

"Nobody on Team GB knew of the complicated history between their two top figure skaters, Dan Howell and Phil Lester. To them, they were just two people who, despite having a shared love for everything from ice dancing to pizza preferences, had clashing personalities that rendered them incapable of even pretending to get along (except the times they had cameras and microphones shoved in their faces, amplifying their every action and word). No one knew they were once madly in love only six months before, that—"