C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R

Finally Loki found it. Soldier sat rigidly on a throne of shells, tied together with seaweed, flicking through Percy's memories like TV channels.

"I've been expecting you." He said gravely.

"Of course you have." Loki muttered, setting a still sleeping demigod on the ground, propped up against a crumbling wall.

"You plan to stop me. Kick me out. Kill me." Soldier prompted.

"Among other things." Loki said carelessly walking forwards.

"You cannot. You cannot touch me here. In here, I am equal to a god."

Loki felt his ego flare angrily. "You challenge me, an actual god. And one of trickery and illusion at that?" He demanded incredulously.

"Try your best, Loki of Asgard." Soldier said dismissively flicking his hand.

Letting his magic run free at last, Loki summoned forth two weapons. To his right hand, light shimmered and appeared, lengthening to an ivory and gold intertwined sceptre. Though, pointed at one end, it was not the sceptre he once wielded in his path of destruction. To his left hand, concealed up his sleeve, was a slim, jagged dagger. A sneaky weapon for intelligent fighters.

Loki knew better than to merely charge. He took his time, slowly advancing. When he reached the foot of the dais, Loki suddenly found himself where he'd started.

Soldier grinned smugly at him. "I can do this all day."

Loki advanced again, this time, before Soldier could do anything, Loki created a multitude of illusions. Each mirrored his image perfectly. They spread across the room, some easily seen, others not so much. Loki teleported to one of the illusions and took its place.

If Soldier knew anything about his magic, then it would be aware that Loki's illusions couldn't touch it. But though Soldier knew this, it was not enough magically inclined to know that Loki had just shifted to become one of his illusions.

The illusion Loki created began forwards again, closing in at the same time as himself.

Soldier continued to pay no attention to the illusions, opting to watch the one advancing from the front.

No matter what you think, never turn your back in the enemy.

Something Loki had learnt many a time. And Soldier was about to learn it now.

Loki raised his concealed dagger, deciding against a big flashy move like brandishing it over his head, instead, he gracefully spun around the throne and embedded it in Soldier's side.

Soldier was no longer just some AI. Loki's sceptre had given it a conscience. Meaning it could feel pain.

Soldier screamed and clutched its side as the torn skin spurted blood. It wasn't used to pain. This was its first time experiencing something shred through its skin. The first time watching it's life supply of blood pump out of its body. The first time watching it's life leak away in streams of red.

No hesitance.

That was another thing Loki had learned. Hesitance meant failure. Weakness.

Loki plunged the dagger into Soldier's body again. Blood splattered his clothes, but at this stage, Loki couldn't bring himself to care.

"You finally understand the pain you've inflicted upon him." Loki laughed coldly. "In fact, this isn't even half of what he felt. And you know what is even better, midgardian." He sneered, leaning closer to the whimpering form.

"You can die here."

~~~~

It. Soldier is an it. Not a he. It is weird to refer to Soldier as 'he'. Is what I told myself the whole time writing this chapter.

Well aware this is short, but I wanted to publish something today. It's midnight. Get over it.

Just before writing this I was watching a Greek movie with my parents and Holy Red Apollo Cows it was terrifying.

Terrifyingly terrible. AHHH.

Anywayyy. Another chapter. Enjoy and lemme know what you all think.

Peace

BTSWD