Chapter 2

Regaining consciousness, Amethyst squinted her eyes at the ceiling light shining down on her. She crawled out of the cockpit and on to the hood of the smoking ship. She tried to stand on her feet but this action caused her whole body to erupt with pain and for her to lose her balance and fall off the edge of the ship.

Suddenly, large hands caught her before she landed face first on the floor. Gazing upwards, she came face-to-face with one of her older sisters.

"J-Jay?" Amethyst said squinting.

"It's okay, sis; I've got you," Jay said, reassuringly. Hearing this, Amethyst gave a weak smile. The smaller quartz was in terrible shape; her body was badly bruised and covered in burn marks and one her cheeks was badly scratched. Jay turned to the others. "Guys, I need a gem scanner."

Carnelian hands her a device that had a remote with a rectangular screen on the top of it. The scanner shines a bright green light over Amethyst's body for a few minutes before it subsides and the screen starts flashing.

"What's it say, Jay?" Shark asked.

"Well, her physical form is completely damaged and the fact that she's still able to hold it together is a miracle on its own," Jay explained. "But, that's nothing a little regeneration can't fix." She then turns her attention back to Amethyst. "Amethyst, you're gonna have to release your form."

Amethyst looked behind Jay, only to be met by a death glare from Holly and she glared back at the agate. Her glare faded when she felt Jay's fingers cup her face and turn her head back in her direction.

"Don't worry, M, you'll be fine; I won't let anything happen to you, I promise," Jay said with a reassuring smile. Amethyst smiles back and in a puff of smoke, she retreats to her gem and Jay catches it before it reaches the ground.

"Well then, it looks like we won't have to worry about keeping restrained," Holly said as she reached for Amethyst's gem. "I guess I'll be taking ... EEP!!!" She was cut off by Jay grabbing her arm and bending it.

"You'll be "taking" a beating if you so much as even smudge her gem," Jay said with a bit of venom in her tone.

"You were being serious? No matter, she's a traitor to Homeworld and you will hand her over at once!!!" Holly demanded.

"Over my shattered gem," Jay replied through gritted teeth.

"Why are your even defending that "thing"? She's just a worthless, defective ... OW, OW, OW, OW, OWW!!!" Holly's rant was cut off by Jay bending her arm even harder.

"FINISH THAT SENTENCE, I DARE YOU TO FINISH THAT SENTENCE!!!" Jay shouted. The other quartzes were taken back by Jay's outburst. The curly haired quartz was usually the calmest one out of all of them and she has never once yelled at anyone like that, ever.

"Now then, let's get something straight; if you tell anyone about Amethyst ... Well, let's just say Blue Damond would be very upset if something were to happen to the bubbled Rose Quartzes," Jay said, threateningly.

"The agate's eyes widened fearfully. "Y-You wouldn't."

"You wanna test that theory?" Jay asked in a threatening manner.

Not wanting to risk it, Holly gave in. "Fine."

"Good answer," Jay replied, releasing her arm.

"But, if Blue Diamond or any elite gems from Homeworld ever decides to pay a visit, you are to keep her hidden at all cost," she states. "And the moment her ship is repaired, I want her off this station."

"We can keep her hidden, but it's up to her to decide when she leaves; not you," Jay replied.

Holly simply grumbles under her breath and walks off, trying to soothe the pain in her arm.

"Skinny, can you figure out what caused Amethyst's ship to crash? Jay asked.

"Well, I can try; but, this might take a while," Skinny explained. "But don't worry, I'll let you know what I find out tomorrow."

"Yeah, and while she does that, I'm gonna go pull up the Homeworld newsfeeds and see if what I can find out about the ship," said Carnelian.

"Okay then, we'll leave you guys to it," Sharky said as she and the quartzes made their way back to their living quarters.

. . .

As the Prime and Beta quartzes slept peacefully, Jay simply sat in her cubby, keeping a constant watch over Amethyst's gem. After a while, she smiles.

"Heh, welcome back, sis. I gotta say, this wasn't the family reunion that I had in mind," She joked.

AN: An overprotective quartz sister is someone you don't wanna mess with. Anyways, guys, that's it for now; I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next time, we get to see what happened with Amethyst's ship and see how the other gems are handling her absence. Until next time guys, bye.