18 | T R E P I D A T I O N

________

T R E P I D A T I O N

(n.) a feeling of fear or anxiety about something that may happen.

________

THEY WEREN'T allowed to leave the palace. They had no contact with anyone except each other, and Paris was getting worried about her plan. It was all she could think about. She wanted it to work so badly, and hoped that the people would believe.

After what Dean had said about his father, she didn't want to give up the throne so easily. Her parents died to protect it. So she was going to fight for it.

Knives and forks clinked against expensive plates as everyone ate. The head of the table was empty, as usual. Dante was always attending meetings  in other countries and frankly, it made them all more relaxed. Even the guards were more lenient towards them. It seemed they were only uptight when their boss was around. Dean himself was always gone, only coming back to the palace late at night and giving no explanation to anyone about his recent whereabouts. Tonight was one of those nights.

"What did you girls do today?" Mr. Ivy cleared his throat, looking at his daughter.

"Dad, don't try to normalize the situation," Bleu rolled her eyes. "We're hostages. It may not feel like it, but in two days' time, we're either dead or back home. Most likely the former."

Paris placed her hand on the beautiful blonde's lap, gently squeezing it to calm her. Bleu squeezed it back in silent apology.

"And who would not feel at home here?" Natasja said in her signature accent, albeit a bit loudly. Most likely for the benefits of the guards listening to the conversation. "This palace has everything."

Bleu smirked. "I should give you a full tour of our home next time. That is, if these stupid idiots let us go."

"Bleu," her mother scolded. "Our lifestyle is a privilege. And don't say such things."

Paris smiled, laughing softly under her breath. Her Bleu had been on edge for the past two days, and it seemed the only time her mind was off their situation was if they were asleep.

"Sorry, Mom," Bleu apologized. "I'm just anxious, I guess."

"We all are," Kael said while slicing her steak. "Time does that to you."

"Speaking of time," Daemon Ivy directed his attention to the two exotic lovers sitting across from him. Bleu rolled her eyes again, knowing her dad's tactics of ignoring the situation by trying small talk. "How long have you both been in the Academy for?"

As the conversation continued, Bleu silently ate. Paris is quiet, she noted for the nth time in the past two days. After their mind-blowing sex that night, Paris had been a bit aloof. Bleu worried she had taken things too far at such terrible timing, and constantly scolded herself for it. Paris probably regretted it.

Suddenly, the hand on her thigh shifted. Bleu almost jolted in surprise, seeing as how the hand had moved higher. When it had reached the edge of her drawstring-shorts, it stopped, resting there. Bleu looked at Paris. She was calmly eating like nothing was happening.

God, she's gorgeous. Bleu couldn't help the thought that popped in her mind. Paris' jaw worked as she chewed, and her long eyelashes shadowed her cheeks when she looked down at her plate. Her rich, wavy brown hair was tied up in a messy ponytail, revealing her neck and side features to Bleu's view.