3~ Though I Haven't Seen You, Are You Still There?

Magnus stared up at the imposing building, pulling the collar of his black Armani jacket closer to his neck when a soft gust of wind pushed past him. There was a reason he hated and normally avoided Shadowhunters and their houses. Not only was it both uncomfortable to be near/on hollow ground but he could also feel the protective wards pressing against him, hissing their distress and hatred like they were actual beings. When he was with Alec or his siblings it was easy to ignore the pressure pushing down on him and the feeling of wrongness in the air, but now, all alone, he had nothing to help distract him from it.

Well, a snide voice whispered, you've arrived at the Institute. How do you propose you get in? Magnus frowned at the thought. It was a good question. How was he going to get in? Without a Nephilim around it was next to impossible to open the doors. He walked forward, heels clicking against the stones as he climbed the stairs to stop before the two heavy doors, eyebrows down turned in thought.

"You know." Magnus huffed at the top of the steps. "It's really quite annoying when I have to wait outside because a Nephilim has to open the doors."

Alec grimaced, climbing the stairs to wrap his arms around the slightly shivering Warlock. "I know but I can;t help it. Izzy kidnapped me for one of her shopping trips and I didn't have time to text you. I'm sorry."

Magnus sighed, burying his face in the Shadowhunter's neck. "I suppose it's alright. I understand how Izzy can be. But!" Magnus grinned, pulling back to gaze down at Alec. "You have to make it up to me in a much more pleasant environment."

Alec smiled, leaning up to brush a kiss against the Warlock's lips. "That can be arranged." He pulled back, disentangling his arms from around Magnus' waist to grasp the silver handle in his hand, opening it effortlessly.

"How does it work anyway?" Mangus asked once they were safely inside the building.

Alec glanced at him quizzically. "What?"

"The door. I mean," Magnus continued, waving a hand. "I know the basics but do you have to do anything besides have angel blood?"

"Well," Alec tilted his head to the side thoughtfully. "I'm not really sure. I just know that when I touch it and think along the lines of, 'I am Alexander Lightwood, member of the Shadowhuntes and angel-blood decedent' it opens."

"Hm." Magnus murmurded, eyeing the door thoughtfully.

"Now." Alec said, moving towards the Warlock. "Noone's home and I did say I would make it up to you didn't I?"

Magnus smirked playfully, eyes glinting as he glanced down at the decidedly closer Shadowhunter. "Oh?" He whispered huskily.

"Uh-huh." Alec closed the distance between them, erasing any thoughts that may have been in his mind.

Magnus shook his head at the slight wave of pain and loneliness that the memory brought, focusing on the door as a distraction.

Just think your name and that you are a part of the Shadowhunters? Magnus gazed at the door before glancing down at the alliance rune that shone on the skin of his hand. It had faded to a pale scar that melted into his skin, in fact, someone would only see it if they had been looking, but it was there all the same. Alec had been able to draw upon similar powers as Magnus such as conquering small objects out of thin air and lighting a room up... So why couldn't Magnus have drawn on Alec's powers besides the usual battle moves and agility? It was worth a shot, Magnus thought, stretching the hand that held the rune on it. He gently wrapped his fingers around the handle, closing his eyes and taking a deep breath.