Moving to Texas

(Italics -- Thoughts)

Your POV
Okay y/n, calm down. He can't hurt you or Jack anymore. "You okay back there Jack?" I asked. Silence. You get a little concerned for the 5 year old in the back of the car. I look up into the mirror to look out the back window and spot little Jack peacefully sleeping in the back holding Mr.Ink, his squid-like teddy. I smile to myself knowing that he is peaceful and sleeping. unpacking everything we brought will be much easier without him running around, I thought to myself.

I pulled up to a small pastel blue bungalow, you smiled to yourself as the pain, struggle and weight of the world that was once on your shoulders lift. I parked my car in the drive-way of the bungalow. I stepped out of car and I carefully picked up Jack, I walked into the house and placed him on the couch. I walked out and grabbed the box full of Jack's things.

After unpacking their stuff

I placed Jack on his new bed, I walked to my newly decorated kitchen and smiled to myself at my decorating skills. "Now this process deserves a snack and a nice long naps" I said to myself and grabbed some snacks I had brought on the car ride here in case Jack got cranky or fussy. I sat on the couch and without realising it, I fell asleep.