Chapter 6

"That's Frost's emergency alert!" Cisco shouted from at his computer. "She's in trouble. She's at some rough bar, downtown."

"We'll all go! I'll meet ya's there!" Barry exclaimed. He was gone by the time it took Cisco to form a breach, and go through with Sara and Harry.

"Don't make me ask you again, dear..." Amunet spoke fiercely to Astrid, "How do you and I know each other?"

"You don't know her." Frost said, as she stood next to Astrid to take the spotlight from the girl, "she just has one of those faces. Look, she's just a scared little girl. Let's just let her leave."

"Frost, you know that you don't make demands of me... Nor will I stand for your constant lies and betrayal. I do remember this girl... She is the CEO of STAR Labs. How could anyone mistaken that face? And why would she be in a place like this?" Amunet asked, not breaking her gaze from Astrid.

"Leave her alone!" Mick gruffed, shaking off the men who had hold of them and head-butting them, just as Snart also broke free.

"Now, now... boys!" Amunet said to them. She pointed at the guns that were now aimed directly at the two of them. They both stopped fighting.

Astrid was overcome with fear. She was frozen in her feet. Frost tried to send her a message, willing her to use her mind scream. But Astrid wasn't listening.

"What are you going to do with me?" Astrid asked her.

"I haven't quite decided. I was actually here looking for recruits, but then I was interrupted by your friend's game of poker. It astounded me just how they both won, so well... But then one of my associates told me that you are a telepath. You see he is somewhat of a specialist when it comes to meta-humans. Now, a telepath would be a very useful tool indeed, considering you're also Astrid Sutherland."

"You're wrong. She's just a lucky charm." Leonard Snart said. They were aware that the attention of everyone in the bar was on her. "She's also a hostage..."

"She didn't look like she was being held against her will." The man who had lost his watch called out. "I knew that I knew her face. She's that bitch up at STAR Labs."

Amunet turned one of the firearms in his direction and shot the man who had called her a bitch. He was dead on impact, making Astrid flinch in fear.

"I shouldn't have to remind any of you, that that is not how we treat a lady!" Amunet said again. "Astrid, dear. You are a telepath. There is also a very special place for you in my army, I can keep you much safer than these two idiots here can."

"I will have to decline your offer." Astrid said, frightened.

"Maybe I should explain my self... I was asking as a formality... You will join me whether you choose to or not!" Amunet said, frustrated.

"You heard her!" came a voice from the distance, "she said no!" the Flash had arrived.

"For the fastest man alive... you sure took your time getting here..." Mick grumbled. As he spoke, both he and Leonard begun fighting off Amunet's followers. Unfortunately to their disappointment, they were meta humans. With amazing abilities.

Amunet directed the weapons on to Mick, Leonard and the Flash, just as Frost shot an ice blast at her. Suddenly, Sara, Harry and Vibe arrived onto the scene.

"Did somebody order backup?" Cisco asked as he shot a blast at some of the meta-humans fighting. He noticed a very frightened Astrid standing amongst the crowd, and knew at once that Leonard and Mick had brought her to the bar.

He ran to her aid, frustrated that she was there, and not some place safe. He led her away from the fighting, shooting at anyone who tried to stop him. "Cisco... she wanted to take me with her!" Astrid said through tears.

"Please, you need to hide here for me. Please don't move. I'll come back for you! I need to go help the others." He instructed of her, as he led her behind the bar. The bartenders were currently joining within the fighting.

"Cisco, no, don't go! Don't leave me!" she pleaded with him.

"I'll be back, I promise!" he told her, as he went to join the fighting.

"Don't worry. I'll wait with you." Snart said as he appeared from behind the bar. At some point he had retrieved his weapon back. "I'd prefer to keep my life intact, against those guys over there."

At this point, many of the bar's patrons had been either knocked out or killed and the battle was an overwhelming flurry of fire, ice, speed, metal and hand to hand combat. In the very center of the battle stood Amunet.

She had wedged Barry to a wall with numerous pieces of metal. He was currently in the process of phasing through.

Vibe and Frost were flinging blasts in her direction. With the flick of her wrists, they too had been held up against a wall by an assortment of chairs and bar stools.

Sara, Mick and Harry were currently fighting a group of meta-humans. Harry had his thermogun, which Mick had found impressive. Mick had retrieved his flame gun and Sara was fighting with her fists.

One of Amunet's followers, however had experienced a change of heart and had continued to fight with the team. His body seemed to be made of some sort of rubber and could stretch itself far beyond any human body was possible. He had remembered Sara and Frost from their fight back in Gotham City.

While everyone had become distracted, Amunet found this the right time to retrieve Astrid who was still hiding behind the bar.

Leonard Immediately shot his cold gun in her direction, trying to protect Astrid. But as he did, Amunet bent the weapon in his hands, the barrel was now pointing directly toward his own face.

"Come on, Girly!" Amunet said taking a hold of Astrid's hand.

"No, leave me alone!" Astrid exclaimed, she kicked at the woman, hitting her in the face with her high heeled boot.

"Don't, fight dear..." Amunet said to her, as she grabbed her foot and began dragging her across the floor. Captain Cold once again tried to fight off Amunet, but he was held back by two of her followers. "Sutherland, you need to scream!" he called out to her, but she didn't understand what he had meant.

Amunet made one of her followers, a big man who was very strong, carry Astrid over his shoulder and making his way out the bar.

Astrid screamed, as she continued punching him in the back. Some where she heard her friends screaming out her name. Astrid did the only thing that she could do, she screamed at the top of her lungs. As she did so, she sent a crippling mind scream throughout the bar, impacting everyone, friend or foe.

The man who was carrying her dropped to his feet, dropping her in the process. As did everyone else in the room. They were all unconscious. All but Astrid and Amunet, who smiled down at her, as she clambered to her feet.

"I don't understand." Astrid stammered as she looked around at the sea of bodies around her. She looked over at Amunet.

"You have a very strong power, you will make a wonderful asset, to my army." Amunet said.

Astrid couldn't believe that she had caused such an impact just by screaming. She saw the Flash, laying on the floor. As were the rest of their friends.

"I don't understand... Why weren't you affected?" Astrid asked Amunet.

"Darling, I've been around a long time... I know the tricks... now come, come. There's no one left to help you. You've made sure of that!"

Astrid sobbed as she followed the woman out of the bar.