The Hogwarts Express

Start from the beginning

It was silent for a moment before I couldn't stand it anymore, “Ok. Who the hay is this Voldemort guy everybody is talking about? I only had a couple times that I had actual interaction with wizards and they've been mentioned twice by now! Who is it?”

AJ just stared at me with a ‘You've gotta be kidding me face.’ “Rainbow, I have limited contact with the wizarding world and even I know who he is. Are you saying that not a single magical person in your neighborhood explained anything to you?”

“I told you AJ, we didn't even know I was magic till I got my acceptance letter! I had absolutely no contact with the wizarding world! Nobody told us anything!”

“Woah there. No need to get so defensive.”

I only just realized how loud my voice was and I sat back against my chair. “Sorry. Everyone back at my old town agreed that I had unresolved anger issues. I just hope that doesn't play into what house I'm in.”

We were all silent not knowing what to say. Then we heard a small elderly voice coming down the hall. “Anything from the trolley! Anything from the trolley!”

Applejack stood up and walked out as a woman around her late 60s came up. They talked but I wasn't listening till AJ said, “Hey Rainbow, you getting anything?”

I looked up and saw them looking at me expectantly, “No thanks. I'd rather save my money for emergencies. If I don't use it all by the end of the year then it's that much my parents wont need to trade with another wizarding family.”

I looked out the window and I heard some wrinkling of wrappers and I felt a bit hungry, but I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked and saw Fluttershy holding out a wrapped sandwich and AJ holding out a couple packages of something. “You didn’t need to get me anything.”

“We know.” Fluttershy said. “These only cost a few sicles anyway. Go on and take them.”

I smiled gratefully and accepted the three items. We all got out our stuff and started eating. “Hey AJ, what are these chocolate frogs you got me?”

“Ya seemed like the kind of girl that likes chocolate.” she answered simply.

But Fluttershy had a better explanation. “You might want to be carefull. They enchant those frogs to behave like actual frogs. But they are, and taste like, chocolate.” Curious, I opened it and the frog literally jumped out, bounced around, then landed on my hand and became still. “The magic only lasts so long.” Fluttershy said, “So when it stops jumping it’s a normal candy bar thats shaped like a frog. But what you really want it the card in the package.”

I looked in the package and did see a card. I pulled it out and saw a Bunet girl in her early 30s. “Hermione Jean Granger.” the name said. I flipped it over and read the back.

“Hermione Granger was notable for her role
Alongside Harry Potter in the downfall of Lord Voldemort.
S

he was widely considered to be the brightest witch of her peers at Hogwarts.
Hermione also founded the society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare. (SPEW)
She also contributed to the demise of pro-pureblood laws through her work in the Dept. of Magical Law Enforcement.
She is currently the Minister of Magic
S

he is married to Ron Weasley and has two children, Drugo and Rose.”

I

nodded at the card. “Seems like an important person. And yet again, Voldemort is mentioned. But what did he do to make people so afraid of him? How powerful was he?”

The two looked at eachother then looked at the floor. Looks like I'm not getting an answer yet again. “Alright, it's fine. I'll probably get an explanation at school.”

We decided that me and Fluttershy should get in our robes before we arrived, and when we got back we saw Applejack talking to a white skinned purple haired girl that had a strong ora of a fationita coming off her, “Hey AJ, who's this?”

She looked at us, “There y'all are. This is Rarity. She's trying to get rid of some of the snacks she got before we get to school.”

“Hello Darlings.” Rarity told us. “Would either of you like some? I forgot to look at the amount of sugar before buying all these treats.”

I thought for a moment. Blitz would like a chocolate frog. And the card will tell him a bit more about the wizarding world. Mabie… “Aww. That's really sweet of you.”

A new voice said. I turned around to see an orange skinned girl with red and Yellow hair looking at me hard. “What do you mean?”

“You were going to ask her for a chocolate frog to give to your muggle brother, right? That's sweet. For a mudblood anyway.”

“How did you know what I was thinking?” I didn't really know what she called me but that wasn't important.

“I'm a ligetamenz. I can read people's minds. Your mind is so easy to break into it's no wonder you're a mudblood…”

“Go away and leave her alone Sunset.” Rarity came by my side and put her arm in front of me even though I had no idea what was going on. What's a mudblood?

She was looking at me hard again so I looked back at her with a glare. After a couple minutes of me pushing all thoughts from my mind, she laughed, rolled her eyes and pushed past us. Rudely. I have a feeling she'll be in Slytherin.

When she disappeared Rarity looked at me like I was an abandoned baby on the side of the road. “Oh you poor thing. Don't pay attention to a word she says. What you were thinking to do for your brother was absolutely good of you. All those insults are lies that you shouldn't pay a minutes thought to.”

“I don't understand. What's a mudblood? Everyone else calls me muggle born. Why did she call me that?”

The three girls looked at eachother scared then AJ sighed. “A muggle born and mudblood are almost the same thing. Both mean a child of two muggle parents but has magical ability. But sometimes the hardcore pure bloods will call the muggle borns mudbloods to say that they have dirty blood. Not all purebloods are like that but there are still a few that are mean and think muggles and anyone associated with them as less. Consider yourself lucky that thanks to Hermione Granger it's now illegal to hurt muggle borns and half bloods purely because of their parents. Otherwise she probably would have jinxed you on the spot. Unfortunately there isn't any law against calling them that awful name.”

I thought for a long moment before answering, “Let her call me whatever she wants. Won't hurt or change me no matter what tricks she pulls. Let her try, but it won't work.”

Hey! So, I just wanted to explain something. I like to have 10 or so chapters writen before I publish on waitpad so I have a few more chapters to publish but it's 10:30 pm and bath night so I'll post the rest tomarow. After I finish publishing what I already have written, then you should Exept slower updates going from once to 3 times a month. So thanks for reading, and always wear your seat belt.