~Prologue~

The bell at the top of the highest tower rang for all of the kingdom of Terrawyn to hear. The clangs set a beat for the funeral parade as it progressed through the village and up the winding trail to the gold and blue castle. Thousands of Gentiana flowers paved the stone streets, each one thrown from the hands of a grieving Terrawynian and leaving the ground below a ravishing blue.
At the front of the parade, walking along side the royal Steward, was the Crown Prince, only five years old. The kingdom of Terrawyn would be his as early as his eighteenth birthday. But until then he would wait and he would learn. The crown that sat apon his head grew heavier with every step the boy took, but with his hand in the Steward's and his kingdom around him he kept on, an orphan Prince in a blue and gold world.

The Crown Prince was not the only child to be orphaned that day. Marching several yards behind his Majesty, was a small boy, equal in age of the Prince. Behind the King's golden pyre was a smaller, wooden coffin which inside, held the young boy's mother. He had no kingdom on his shoulders, just a legacy to protect; a Prince. He never looked back, not once. He had his eyes on the head which now bore the heaviest crown and had his heart pledged to Terrawyn.

In the neighboring land of Moorwyn, deep within the swamps and forest of Pavor there is another child, a girl, with an incredible ability. She had known for a while of the great Terrawyn King's fall, in fact she had known several months before it had occurred. It came to her one night in a dream. A dream where the voice of an angel spoke of the rebirth of a kingdom after a fallen king, and the one to save them all, the one to unite the kingdoms, was a terrible, terrible beast.
Blue and gold fireworks danced above the young girls head, sent from the flower filled shores of Terrawyn. What a dream the kingdom must be if even in death, there is beauty.