Not Good

Nick's POV

I had just gotten out of the shower when I heard my wife, Demi, yell for me to come downstairs. "I'll be down in just a minute, I have to change." I said loudly so she could hear me, especially if the girls were babbling back and forth, they can get quite loud sometimes making it hard to hear words properly.

I quickly threw on a pair of black sweatpants grabbing an old t shirt from the closet. Why did she want me downstairs so fast? I mean I knew she was trying a new version of this pasta that we loved eating, but I haven't even been home for longer than thirty minutes.

I was half way down the stairs when I figured out why she wanted me down here. We were going to try giving the girls their first taste of baby food, I'm sure it would be messy and adorable. Maybe i shouldn't have taken a shower straight after I go home, I thought as I walked into the kitchen watching as Demi did a little dance while singing along to a song that was playing from her cell phone, as she held a jar of baby food in her hand.

The girls were loving every second of it as their giggles filled our home, I smiled still hiding in the corner of the kitchen to where no one had noticed me yet. I quickly grabbed my phone from my pants pocket, I snapped a few photos before I pressed the record button. I tired not laugh as I watched shimmy and shake as the girls giggled till their chubby cheeks were red.

I finally payed attention to the song coming from her cell phone, it was Larger Than Life by Backstreet Boys. I was still recording when Demi started to really get into the song, singing "all you people, can't you see, can't you see, how your love's affecting our reality, every time we're down, you can make it right, and that makes you larger than life!"

I couldn't contain my laughter when Emery began laughing to where her dimples were present, she sounded just like Demi when she laughs. Demi turned in my direction quickly, looking like she was just caught with her hand in a cookie jar. I quickly stopped the video as I laughed, I heard the girls started to babble non coherent words as looked up after turning off the video.

Demi looked at me as I got closer saying hello to the girls who were now pounding their tiny fists on their high chair table tops. "Nick please tell me you didn't record me acting ridiculous." She said staring at me as I laughed after kissing both of our daughters on their foreheads.

"Of course I did", I said walking to the refrigerator to grab myself a cold bottle of water. Demi sighed turning towards me with a pout on her lips, "Babe! I look terrible I'm literally in sweats and I have dried baby puke on my left shoulder."

             I took a sip of my water before I walked towards her, wrapping my arms around her waist, kissing her lips gently. "Baby, you look gorgeous even if you have dried puke on your shoulder."

          Demi giggled, hugging me tightly "Well thank you for making me feel beautiful even though I don't feel like it." She whispered looking up at me as she sat down the baby food she was holding, she then wrapped her arms around my shoulders before she kissed my lips.

          I smiled into the kiss before I pulled my lips from hers, I gently kept my forehead pressed against hers as I spoke softly. "You know I have seen you dressed in some of the most beautiful gowns and outfits walking the red carpet but, when your home with me and the girls, you just dress in old clothes and your hair pulled up out of your face. That's when your the most beautiful, when your just being you and you don't have those walls around you. Even if you have baby puke that dried on your shoulder, your still the most beautiful women I have ever laid eyes on. I still can't believe I was the one you married and had babies with, how I am so blessed that I got you as my beautiful wife and mommy to the girls. I love you beautiful."