Chapter 14: Home Sweet Home

After leaving the council, we all headed back to Manzanares territory. My second home, where my father and brothers were finally able to settle back into their normal routine. Although, "normal" is the last word I would use to describe our chaotic drama filled life. The pack threw an enormous welcome home party, they were grateful that their Alpha and Beta returned unharmed.

As I stood at the doorway to the backyard watching the outpouring of love towards my father and brothers, tears swelled underneath my eyelids. Witnessing Marco and members of his pack interacting with Manzanares brought peace to my heart. We've come a long way from where we first started and I didn't have a single ounce of regret with anything that's transpired.

A set of muscular arms pulled me backwards into a warm embrace as Tristan rested his chin on the top of my head. "I have faith that things will always work themselves out in the end. Miserable people will always try to bring others down, but I promise you Lise...I'll do everything in my power to never let anyone harm the ones we love."

Those words meant more to me than he could ever imagine. "I know baby." I half whispered, knowing Tristan has proved to me without a reasonable doubt that every word he utters is nothing but the truth. I couldn't have asked for a better mate in life. He always puts me first.

Leaving Spain this time around was harder than any other time. Maybe it was the fact that my brothers and father had to endure all that torment because of me. "Stop blaming yourself." Lonso whispered in my ear as he hugged me tightly to his chest. "I'd do it all over again if it guaranteed your safety." This forced the tears to flow faster from my eyes and all I could manage was a simple nod while squeezing my brother a bit harder. My way of silently thanking him for everything.

"Your brother is right, it wasn't your fault." My father mumbled when it was his turn to say goodbye. "Make sure you take good care of my nena." He directed at Tristan placing a kiss on my forehead. "Always" was Tristan's response. Pulling back with his hands on my shoulders, my father looked me in the eyes and smiled. "We are so proud of everything you've become. You're mother and sister are smiling down on you from heaven."

I was an inconsolable mess with my emotions running rampant, but I finally was able to utter through sobs an "I love you Daddy, thank you."
Axel and Nicole flew back home a few days ago to help out Luke and Anya with any pack issues while Tristan and I stayed to tie up loose ends. Tristan and Marco stood off to the side in deep conversation, but as my father let me go it was Rico's turn.

"We'll come out to visit soon" Rico reassured me as he threw an arm around my shoulder. "Call me when you guys get in, love you little sis." He stated as he leaned in to kiss my temple. "Now go, before we change our minds and keep you here." Rico chuckled.

With a small wave, Marco gave me a great big smile and walked over for a hug. "I was giving Tristan the recipe for my secret fried plantains." He chuckled. "Thank you for all you've done for us Marco. Take care and don't be a stranger." I laughed, giving him a kiss on the cheek. We owed Marco a great deal of thanks for helping us.

Breathing in the amazing scent otherwise known as Tristan that surrounded me, I snuggled my face closer to his neck. "Time to wake up baby." Tristan whispered as his warm breath washed over the side of my face. "We've landed, we're home."

Sitting up and stretching out my sore muscles, I gazed around sleepily not wanting to believe I slept the entire plane ride home. "Did you get any rest?" I glanced at Tristan over my shoulder. He gave me his trademark smirk and shook his head. "Not with the way you were snoring." He chuckled. "Watching you sleep and get the rest you needed was worth it though." Tristan stood and held his hand out for me.

Walking through the door, I suddenly felt as though I was being tackled by a three hundred pound defensive lineman. "My after midnight snack buddy is finally home!" Anya screamed happily as she barrelled into me with her arms outstretched, grabbing me into a massive bear hug.

"I heard from Nicole that you gave that Selena beyotch the smackdown of her life!" Anya cackled with a good thump to my back. "What I would've given to be there to join in on that!"

Stepping back I shook my head and laughed. Seven and a half months pregnant and she's still the same spark plug she's always been. "Trust me, it wasn't as fun as it sounded." I cringed as the memory of torturing Selena reared its ugly head.

My eyes bulged at the sight of her. Anya's belly protruded out so much more than it did when I last saw her. It almost seemed as though she was smuggling an entire sack of footballs underneath her shirt with the way her belly weighed the rest of her tiny body down. To be completely honest, it terrified me that this is what my near future entailed.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath, not realizing just how much I truly missed my best friend. Tears stung at my eyes when I thought back to the possibilty of never seeing her again, due to the incompetency of five dead council members. Summoning up Dorothy from Wizard of Oz, I pulled Anya back into a hug as best as I could with her protruding belly and said "There's no place like home."

***sorry I know it's a short one but the next chapter will be longer.**