Game Grumps

"Here we go again.." you grumble to yourself as you board the plane back home.

You're in New Jersey to visit family, but you can't wait to get home. Family is great and all...but...there's nothing like the privacy of your own house...in a different state.

Finding your seat, you put your carry-on into the space above made specifically for storing bags and luggage, happy to finally sit down and relax. That is...right up until take-off.

Flying has always been the worst part of travelling in your opinion. First of all, it's cramped. Second of all, everyone is rude. Then third, and probably most important, if anything at all goes wrong, everyone could die in a terrible, horrible, fiery nightmare as the awful death machine hurdles towards the ground.

...Okay, so maybe you're overexaggerating just a little bit. But that still doesn't change how you feel about it. You hope that things will go differently this time, but soon that prospect is dashed to pieces.

"Hi, sorry, but my friend and I are assigned here on either side of you. Is that alright?"

You look up and see two men looking down at you from where they're standing in the aisle. You can't help but wonder how these two are friends at all since they look like complete opposites.

"I mean...it's where you're assigned, so it doesn't really matter what I think, does it?" You go back to your phone, turning it off after sending a text to your mom. She always wants to know that you've made it onto the plane.

"Okay, well...cool, I guess." The one with lighter colored hair shrugs as he turns to his friend. "You want the window seat, Dan?"

"Nah, that's alright, buddy, you can have it." The guy, apparently named Daniel, sets his hand on the other one's shoulder with a sarcastic look. "It's really quite the view."

"Yeah, if you're happy to see how far we can fall if and when things go wrong." You mumble to yourself, still irritated at the fact that you have to ride on this death contraption.

The guys exchange a look and a shrug as they quietly put their luggage in the compartment. A woman with long black hair and purple highlights passes by, asking the guys where they're sitting.

"We're right here. How bout you?" The one whose name you haven't gotten yet lovingly sets his hand on her elbow almost instinctively, giving you the idea they're together.

"Oh good, I'm right behind you! That means I get to annoy you boys as much as I like." She jokes, making you roll your eyes to yourself.

That's the last thing you need: A lovey dovey couple making a scene right beside you.

She turns and sees that the guys are going to be on either side of you. "Oh no, you poor thing...hey, listen. Don't let them give you any crap, okay? They're troublemakers."

She gives them a playfully warning look as she continues down the aisle, sharing a quick peck with her boyfriend. "Boys, behave yourself."

"Don't worry, Suzy, I'll keep an eye on him." Daniel says, half seriously.

You sigh and quietly brood as the guys finish putting their things away and get settled. Daniel sits in the aisle seat, putting his friend by the window.

Wonderful. Now you're feeling even more claustrophobic. You feel your heart rate gradually and steadily rising, so you close your eyes and take a deep breath.

The intercom comes on and you realize everyone is now in their seats and the plane is ready for take-off. You grip the armrests and squeeze your eyes shut even tighter, hoping you'll feel better once the plane levels out.