"Jay?"

He just stayed quiet and continued to throw the football.

"Jay, baby..."

"I'm late for football." He walked into the house.

I sighed and picked up his football. The football was worn and old. It was Jay's first football and also Jayden's first football.

"What did you do to him?" Jack asked walking out of the house with his arms folded over his chest.

"He walked into the living room while I was making out with Zach."

"You done f*cked up now..."

"Shut up!" I yelled throwing the football at him. 

"Jay's never going to let you move on from his dad. Like honestly, for a 6 almost 7-year-old, he has a lot of feelings."

"I know that."

"Yeah, he has Jayden's looks and humor and sadly your stubbornness and emotions."

"I'm not stubborn!"

"Yes, you are and you're also very emotional."

"I'm ready to go," Jay said running out with his duffle bag and football gear. "Can uncle Jack drop me off?"

I looked at Jack and he nodded. 

"Yeah," I said. He smiled and walked to the front. I followed Jack into the house. 

"Bye, mom!" he called walking out of the house.

"Have fun," I called.

Jack: 

I got into the car. Jay was sitting in the backseat.

"You can come sit in the front seat if you want," I said looking back at him. He shook his head.

"Mom said that I'll be a lot safer if I sit in the backseat."

I just shrugged and started the car. I drove towards the park that he has football practice at.

"Does Zach love my mom?" He asked suddenly.

"Yes, Jay. He loves your mom."

"Is he going to marry mom?"

"Your mom does everything for you. If she marries him, it'll only be if you're okay with it."

"Then, I don't want them to get married." I looked at him in the mirror and sighed.

"Look, your mom and Zach have loved each other since they were 16. And if your mom loves him, it's because he makes her happy. Don't you want your mom to be happy?"

"Yeah, but I don't like Zach."

"Why not?"

"He's a weirdo. And I miss my dad. I don't want another dad."

"I understand how you feel. But sometimes, you need to understand the other person."

"What?"

"Maybe if you know how much Zach loves your mom, you'll give him a chance." Jay just shrugged.

"I still think he's weird."

"Why?"

"He and mommy were like sucking each other's faces off-"

"Woah!" I laughed. "That's disgusting."

"And I'm mad at mommy."

"Why?"

"Because she kissed Zach."

I pulled up the park. I put the car in park and turned off the engine. I turned around to look at him.