sixteen- distrust

sixteen- distrust

song for this chapter: "stay with me" by Sam Smith

>>><<<

No matter what had gone on between Zayn and I, no matter how many times we fought, or how many times he went off with Emma, nothing could take away my anger right now.

I shoved open the door, making the chatter in the café die down a little. The pair, however, continued to kiss, her skinny hands tugging onto his red hair. His hands cupped her lower back, working their way slowly downwards.

"Oi!" I yelled, making any remaining noises in the room quieten entirely. I stormed up, my hands physically shaking by my sides. I stood by them, watching in disbelief as they carried on, oblivious to my presence.

"You know what," I growled. I took a few fast strides to the nearest table, and pointed to an old woman's wine glass. It was still half full, the liquid blood red. Confusion crossed her face, yet she shrugged anyway and nodded. I thanked her through my teeth, and picked it up.

In seconds, the drink was being poured over Emma's head, staining her chalk white hair scarlet. Her body froze, and a chorus of gasps could be heard throughout the small room. Her anger-burnt eyes snapped up to look at me. Her jaw had dropped open in shock, and the wine was dripping smugly down her cheeks.

"What the fuck?!" She squealed, trying to claw at her face to frantically remove the red.

"Zayn?" I spat, gritting my teeth. The alcohol she had seemingly been knocking back all night seemed to suddenly leave her system, and worry sprang into her eyes.

"Wha- shit!" She responded, glancing at the ginger man, who was wiping his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Yeah." I responded. Dreaded silence filled the air, and I decided to leave the tension and walk outside. Liam was standing in front of the window, speechless. He came and stood by my side, while I calmed my breathing.

"I," Liam started, before quickly closing his mouth. After several failed attempts at saying a single word, he simply held out his hand. I slapped his palm with my own.

"Are you gonna tell Zayn, or are you gonna let her?"

"Well, I want her to, but I highly doubt she ever would." I shrugged as we walked across the path.

"You should go down now," he offered, but I shook my head.

"We'll get you home first."

We walked past the cliffs and to the houses behind them, which were all different colours; an artists' dream from a distance. Liam dug around his pocket for his keys when we reached a green one with a brown door and mailbox.

"Thanks for looking out for me, Ivy." He smiled, hugging me and stepping into his doorway.

"Not a problem, catch you later - and call me if you need anything!" I called, as he nodded and shut the door when I turned around.

Now it was the hard part.. To tell Zayn about Emma.

- ZAYN'S POV -

How could I possibly be tired?

It was early evening, and I had done nothing productive all day - unless eating, and laying on the couch wrapped in a duvet counts for anything. Either way, I was going to go to sleep soon.

I rubbed my beard and stretched my arms out above me, pulling myself up from the sofa. I switched off the lights and carried my plate into the kitchen. Giving it a quick scrub, I glanced up, surprised to see Emma rush to my door. I dropped what I was doing and quickly ran to the doorway. I opened it and felt her body fall into my arms. She smelt of alcohol.