Revised: The dinner and drive

Life just keeps shitting on me.

I recognized the man in front of me, his green eyes shimmered with humor. My face turned red at the site of him in a fitted suit and me only in sweatpants.

"I-I well, this is weird." I mumble to myself, "Come on in." I open the door wider and he walks in. I was about to shut the door but a foot budged it's way in with a string of curses. I open the door and notice a man who looked the same age as my father glaring back at me.

"What the fuc-

The man interrupts me but not before giving me a once over and a disgusted look, "Who are you?" he questioned.

"I'm Grey."

"Oh." He said distastefully, "I expected you to be..."

"Less of a bitch?" I ask not really caring.

I glanced over at the son who held back a chuckle.

Daltons piercing eyes stare at me, "Precisely"

I grin slightly at him being brutally honest. "I'll lead you to the dining room, my father's will be with us shortly.

I start walking but notice Dalton stop close to the couch and pick up a book, the one my father had thrown to the side.

'The ten steps to a healthy divorce'

Colton looked lazily at me and Dalton looked shocked. "Oh um, just doing a little research." I say before turning and walking down the hall to the dining room, expecting them to follow.

We all sat around the dinner table with an elegant spread of food. My father sat next to Dalton and Colton is sitting next to me. I don't remember the chairs being this close together and it annoyed me that I could feel the warmth of Colton's body next to mine. He had taken off his coat and rolled up the sleeve on his white button up, just like you see in the magazines.

"Grey? Is there something wrong with the food? You aren't eating." My father asks in fake tone of concern.

I frown at him, "No, I've just lost my appetite."

He ignores my comment and begins chatting with Dalton about the two companies. I jump slightly when I feel a hand rest gently on my mid-thigh and a hot breath fan my ear, it was Colton leaning over to whisper in my ear, "That tends to happen when you drink so much the day before." He gives me a small wink before leaning back over to his side except his hand was still on my thigh and my heart sped up at his words.

He gives my thigh a gentle squeeze and I jump slightly which causes me to shake the table a little. Dalton and my father look up at me and I quickly stand to cover up what was happening under the table.

"I'm going to pour myself a drink." I announce and walk over to the cart with all my father's alcohol.

"Grey, I don't think that's a good idea." My father says but I continue to pour the honey colored liquid into the crystal glass.

"I think it's time to talk about this engagement." Dalton says and that's when I hear Colton speak up, "finally, I need to get back to the office to get some work done so make this quick."

I decided it would be good to take the whole bottle of liquor back to the table.

"Grey, I need you to marry my son. Simple as that and if you do I will partner with your fathers company and help it grow." He pauses and waits for me to sit back at the table before continuing, "It will only have to be for three years. So that the company and media thinks he has settled down. There will be a contract stating the rules of this engagement, I'll send it to you tomorrow."

"Right so, don't really care about all that b.s what's in it for me?"

I notice Colton looking at me with a grin, "you get to marry me." I roll my eyes at his comment.

"You'll get a two million dollar payment at the end of the marriage and during the marriage you have the chance to work as his assistant in the office which pays quite a lot of money too."

I look at my father who's silently sulking in his chair over some parts of this agreement. Fuck it, two million dollars for only three years? Totally worth it.

"Won't the media think this is all a hoax? Since it's happening so quickly." I state

"We will say I had no idea Colton was seeing you and you both decided you loved each other and wanted to elope."

"and you think people will believe that?" Colton lets out a sarcastic chuckle

"Everyone buys a good love story, you just have to make it look real." Dalton says.

"ok then I'm in." I grin and I feel Colton's strong hand on my thigh again and his deep voice says, "me too"

I frown at him and grab his hand that was on my thigh and quickly bend it back, he yelps out in pain and my father starts to yell at what I did.

"First thing you should know about me is I don't like to be touched by most men." I swing the liquor bottle and let the liquid burn my throat before setting it back on the table.

Dalton and my father look between Colton and me probably unsure of how this was going to work.

"Perhaps you should move in before the wedding....so you two can get more acquainted." My father says and I shoot him a glare.

Dalton agrees with him and I'm soon sent upstairs to pack my bags. I only packed one suitcase I'd come back for the rest another day. By time I was done my father had gone off into another part of the house and Dalton already left. Grayson was standing at the front door waiting for me with an irritated look.

"I'm all packed." I swivel my suitcase at him and he takes it as he silently walks out the door and towards his car.

The car ride is silent and I've started playing a game of 'let's see how many times Colton clenches and unclenches his jaw' I lost count after thirty.

"I thought you said you had to get to the office to do work." I say.

"I lied to get out of there quicker." His cold tone cut through.

"Are you ok?" I question

"I just can't believe I'm getting married." He runs a hand through his hair, "My life's ruined."

So dramatic

"Yeah pretty boy, I'm pretty sure the reason why we are in this mess is because of you. I'm just a person that got dragged into it but after three years we can say fuck you to each other and move on." I let out a huff before adding, "and fuck you."

The car swerves to the side of the road and Colton puts the car in park. I'm about to ask what he's doing but am stopped with warm lips incasing mine. I shut my eyes at the feeling and let my lips move with his as his hand gets entangled in my hair and gives it a little tug which causes a small moan to come from me. I pushed my hot feelings aside and remembered who he was and what was to come. I shove him off of me, "What the hell? Bipolar much!" I yell and he just gives me a smirk before starting the car back up, "Oh I think we'll get along just fine." He says as he drives back up onto the road.

Just wait until I give you hell