Over-Worker

"SARA?!" Rip called to his now 'girlfriend' from some room on the ship. Sara only groaned as she was in his study, eating pickles and ketchup. She stood up from her seat and sighed.

  "What now?" She asked, which was more to her than to her 'boyfriend'. When she did not get a reply, she dashed to the location of Rip's voice from before. She found herself standing in the doorway of a room she didn't even know existed.

  It wasn't much, but by what Sara could tell, it was a nursery in deed. Across the floor was paint containers, a tool box of fine sorts, lumber, which Sara had no clue where that came from, a random screwdriver, a wrench, an instruction manual to who knows damn what, and a kneels Rip, pounding away at some wooden plan with a good old hammer of his. It was a crib, and she finally noticed it. Most of it was done, but the done parts where painted vanilla white. The one plank was definitely the final 'puzzle' piece. It was as light brown as wood should be and the screws could be seen even from the laziest eye. Still, Sara found it heartwarming that he thought to do this so early, and not at the last moment, like what she would have done.

 Still, Sara found it heartwarming that he thought to do this so early, and not at the last moment, like what she would have done

  "Now I call this cute." Sara smiled at the worker as he turned to her, white spots of paint all over his grey t-shirt and all on his face.

  "You came....fast, i see." Rip started to say, making sure he wasn't glared at for his maybe insult. "I just needed to know if you liked this. It's as gender neutral as it gets." He smiled triumphantly at his work.

  "I.Love.It." Sara leaned herself to him and kissed him on the cheek, making the 'rock' blush. "Where is my Canary colored crib though?" A smirk began to play across her lips.

  "You aren't the only parent, Sarry-Sara." Rip didn't want 'Rippy' to be thrown out in the conversation, so he dared not to make the name 'Sarry' a common use.

  "Such a bloody dork." Sara mumbled as she walked out of the room. "Nice work, Rippy the Over-Worker!"