Professor McGonagall was stood at the window, with her back to me. Her hands were joined behind her, linking at the small of her back. I walked forwards, and she turned to face me.

"Potter, I've been waiting for you visit," she said solemnly, "I can only assume that Malfoy has informed you of the grave news he received from his father," I nodded, "he and I have set up all the necessary precautions to keep you both as safe as possible. All there is left to do is to wait for Malfoy to be summoned."

As she spoke, she moved away from the window and made her way down towards me, ending up behind her desk. I was about to answer her, but no words came out. I didn't know what to say, she had already made everything quite clear. I opened my mouth again to ask when and where these events would be taking place, but before I could utter a word, the door behind me swung open.

"Professor! It's happening! My Dark Mark, I'm being summoned," cried a breathless voice. I didn't even have to turn to know it was Draco.

I saw McGonagall's eyes widen, and a wave of terror washed over her face. It didn't last long; she had to keep a composed face and not show any fear. She raised a hand to silence Draco's worried cries, and he took a deep breath before saying anything more.

"Sorry, Professor, I didn't think to knock first. It is quite an urgent situation," his cheeks were red and a pearl of sweat was forming on his forehead.

"I agree that our current state is quite dire, Malfoy, but we mustn't lose our heads. We need to gather our forces and keep the situation under control," she said calmly.

"Not to be rude, Professor, but I don't have much time before I need to join my father wherever he is, and once I'm there, there's no going back."

"I am aware, Malfoy, we have discussed this. I have already called for the Aurors to join us as soon as possible, so they should be here any minute, can you wait that long?" he nodded, glancing at me, the troubled look plain in his eyes. I tried to force a reassuring smile to calm him down somewhat, but I couldn't even bring myself to fake it. I had never felt quite this scared in my life.

I had always been putting others in danger, but this time, I truly cared about Draco, and I was terrified that something might happen to him.

Before anyone could say anything else, five Aurors Apparated into McGonagall's office. They saw Draco and I and only nodded in our direction, turning to the headmistress for instructions.

"Well don't look at me, I'm not the one being called to my death," she gestured to Draco.

Draco's eyes widened even more, and he glanced over at me, very unsure of himself. I gave him a small nod and barely a smile, letting him know that it was all right, and that these people were to be trusted.

He took a deep breath and rolled up his left sleeve. Every person in the room leaned forward to see the jet-black skull printed on this young boy's pale arm. The snake inside the mouth was slithering down his forearm, proving that it was activated.

One of the Aurors, whom I'd never seen before, suddenly spoke up. It was a tall woman with a very long tan trench coat. She looked like a classic detective, but these people wouldn't understand what that meant.

"How do we know the boy is to be trusted?" she said, eyeing the Dark Mark sceptically.

McGonagall looked almost as offended as if the woman had just insulted her child. I gave her a hard stare, but she never looked over at me.

"Draco Malfoy is a very trustworthy young boy, and I have put all of my trust in him. I am confident that his intentions are good, and that he is on our side," she said sternly, "as we all should be," she added, directing her comment at the witch.