Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"So you're telling me, your father was in Azkaban, but now he's escaped, and he's asking you to join this evil group again, where Voldemort has returned, and I am to be brought there, by you?" Harry said, his words full of scepticism.

I nodded, "I know it sounds farfetched, but it's true. I can't show you the letter, because if you know too much information, then the plan will fall to pieces. You need to be presented as the unknowing victim for this to work. I'm afraid this is all I can tell you."

Harry gave me a very confused look, scrunching his face up to prove it. I smiled at him, I rarely saw him look so unsure of himself. I found it endearing.

I walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and gave him a soft peck on the cheek. His face relaxed and he kissed me back.

We made our way towards the small sofa facing the roaring fire, and I fell back onto it, relieving myself of some of the burdens I had been carrying for the past few days. I breathed a sigh of relief, but it didn't last long, as Harry came to my side, and proceeded to climb onto my lap. He began leaving a trail of kisses down my neck, sending a shiver down my entire spine. I pulled him closer to me, to diminish the already small distance between us, and planted my own kisses across his collarbone, something I knew that he loved.

******

Harry's POV

"I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you, Harry," Hermione frowned, "I don't have enough information and I've never been in that situation, to be honest."

I sighed heavily. I had only told Ron and Hermione, the two people I trusted the most in the entire world. I knew they wouldn't share what I told them, and I knew they could help me out. However, in this particular context, they didn't have much experience in this field, despite our past adventures, so they couldn't offer many suggestions.

We made our way out of the common room and down to the Great Hall for some dinner, but my conversation with Draco was weighing on my shoulders. Now I had a slight insight into how he had felt all those years ago, pressured into dangerous decisions by his father. I understood that he didn't really have any kind of a choice, so I would need to comply, in order to keep him safe. I supposed it was lucky that he and I had already grown close; I couldn't imagine how it would've gone down if he had had to convince me into it as enemies.

As I walked through the large ornate doors, I looked across the room, as I did every time I entered this hall. I noticed Draco sitting all the way at the end of our table, opposite Theodore Nott, as usual. He caught my eye and flashed the most adorable smile, allowing me to relax ever so slightly.

I sat down with Ron and Hermione, and Seamus and Dean. It was painfully obvious that the two of them were seeing each other, but there was enough counter-proof to cause doubt among the rest of the students. Neither of them had said anything about it, but none of us really cared at all, which did make me somewhat glad. It reassured me that if Draco and I ever decided to widen our audience, maybe we wouldn't be received as badly as I feared. Although, there were already a large number of rumours regarding our recent proximity, and it wasn't all good. 'Golden Boy and Death Eater' is what I heard quite often in the corridors, and it wasn't exactly said encouragingly...

******

On Wednesday afternoon, I didn't have any lessons, so I thought I'd pay a visit to the Headmistress. I strolled round to that side of the castle and whispered the password, in case any intrusive ears may be near. I stepped onto the staircase, which immediately started twisting upwards, finally halting in front of an all-too-familiar door. I knocked lightly, and after only a moment, I heard a voice say 'enter'.