"Mitch called us," Rick answered softly, holding Scott's head where it was. "We're so glad you're safe." Scott sniffled and closed his eyes, subconsciously pulling his Omega closer to himself.

He felt a bit dizzy from the blood loss, and he practically collapsed into the stretcher the ambulance wheeled over to them. Mitch whimpered and quickly grabbed his hand. "Alpha, are you okay?" he asked worriedly, brushing his hair out of his eyes.

Scott leaned into his touch without realizing it. "I'm okay, sweetheart," he murmured, gathering the strength to squeeze his hand gently. Mitch sniffled and ran his fingers through Scott's hair when the paramedics made him lay down, gingerly untangling it.

The ride to the hospital was relatively quiet. Scott's eyes were closed, his entire body was leaning into Mitch's gentle touch, and he was clutching Mitch's other hand to his chest like it was a stuffed animal. Silent tears were streaming down Mitch's cheeks, and he was wishing that he could somehow transfer his beloved's pain to himself.

When they got to the hospital, the paramedics didn't let Mitch come with them to treat Scott. He was panicking, his hands shaking and his heart beating quickly and sporadically as he waited with Rick and Connie in the waiting room. His Alpha's name was being chanted as a mantra in his head.

"Mitch Grassi-Hoying?"

Mitch stood up so fast when the doctor came out that black dots danced in his vision, but he just blinked them away and gripped at the chair. "Th-That's me, ma'am," he whispered, his voice shaking.

She looked to him and offered him a sympathetic smile. "Your Alpha is going to be fine, honey," she said, and Mitch just about collapsed from relief. "However," she continued, "he's pretty banged up. He's got a broken ankle and a dislocated shoulder, and he lost quite a lot of blood. He'll need to take it easy for the next few weeks."

Mitch let out a soft sob, and Connie turned to hide her face in Rick's shoulder. "Can I see him?" Mitch whispered pathetically, digging his nails into his sides.

The doctor smiled sympathetically again and nodded. "Of course. Please try not to excite him too much or anything, he needs to stay in bed."

Mitch nodded hurriedly. "Y-Yes, ma'am."

He followed the doctor as she led him to the room where his beloved was being kept. When they went inside, his heart almost broke at the sight. Though Scott was big and the strongest person Mitch knew, he looked so small in that hospital bed. He was wrapped in bandages, the thin hospital gown revealing the bruises scattered across his skin. Tired blue eyes opened at the sound of the door, and Mitch let out a soft whimper as he practically collapsed in the chair right beside Scott's bed. "A-Alpha..." he whispered, and Scott slowly pushed himself over to make room for him.

"Wanna hold you," he mumbled, exhaustion evident in his voice.

"A-Alpha, I don't want to h-hurt you..."

"I don't care. Need you here."

Mitch sniffled and got up, carefully clambering into the hospital bed. Scott pulled Mitch over to his other side, and Mitch lay down beside him, gingerly setting his head in Scott's neck. Scott wrapped one arm around his shoulders and reached for his parents with the other, and they both took his hand once they'd sat down in the chairs beside the bed. Mitch closed his eyes against the tears rolling down his cheeks, taking in his beloved's comforting scent.

The hours passed slowly. Scott focused on concealing his pain from Mitch so he wouldn't worry more than he already was, and Mitch told himself over and over that Scott was safe now and nothing would ever happen to him again.

Eventually, Rick and Connie decided to go home to check on Lauren and Jake. Mitch murmured a soft goodbye, but he didn't lift his head from Scott's neck, too afraid he would disappear again.

"How's Jakey?" Scott's soft, weak voice broke the silence.

"I told him you're on a business trip, Alpha. I- I'm sorry. If I told him you were taken he would hate me."

"Why would he hate you, my sweet boy?" Scott whispered, lovingly trailing his fingers through Mitch's hair.

Mitch sniffled pathetically and pushed himself closer, draping his arm over Scott's waist so he couldn't leave. "It's my fault you were taken, sir."

Scott frowned slightly without opening his eyes and blindly kissed Mitch's forehead. "No, it wasn't, sweetheart. Don't say that."

"I'm sorry, sir." Mitch tangled his legs with Scott's in an effort to be even closer to him. "I- I missed you."

"I missed you too, my love. You were the only thing keeping me going."

Mitch's tears flowed faster at his words. "Wh-What did they do to you?"

"Don't worry about that, angel," Scott whispered, pulling Mitch closer. "It doesn't matter. I'll be okay." Mitch whimpered softly, but Scott just let his fingers trail down and massage the back of Mitch's neck. "Shh. I'll be okay." Mitch sniffled and gingerly rested his hand on Scott's shoulder so he could wrap his fingers around his bicep, and Scott had to push down the stab of pain, as that was his injured shoulder.

Silence ensued. Scott carefully turned on his side so he could properly wrap Mitch in his arms, and Mitch was too desperate to be surrounded in his scent to protest. He tucked himself under his chin and draped an arm over his waist, clutching his shirt. Scott once again ignored the pain and buried his nose in Mitch's hair. "I love you," he whispered, and Mitch let out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"I love you more, Alpha," he whispered back.

Scott didn't respond, as he had fallen asleep.