Chapter sixteen

Sarada's POV

Yesterday was twisted. I woke up in the hotel where Uzuma- I mean Boruto and his team where staying, I slept with him, Inojin confessing and a non stop lecture from Houki-senpai. I sighed at the memory from yesterday as I tied my blue belt on my waist, I was in the middle of trying to tie it when a knock on my door disturbed me. "Coming!" I said as I walked towards the door and opened it.

"Oh Inojin, what brings you here?" I asked looking anywhere but him. "I.. uh, I came here to fetch you since, uh. Your.." he stuttered which I found it cute. "My tournament right? Yeah, I didn't forget. Just let me fix myself up before leaving." I said smiling at him. He looked at my waist where my belt was tied. "M-may I?" He asked pointing at my belt.

Before I could answer, he knelt in front of me and tied my belt correctly. "There, better?" He asked as he looked at me. "Y-yeah, thanks." I said feeling my face heat in embarrassment. "Now come." He said standing up. "S-sure." I stuttered and closed the door on my room and made sure I got everything before locking it.

As we walked towards the dojo, non of us spoke and the tension was getting heavier so I decided to break the ice. "So.. who are you competing against with?" I asked as I looked at him. "I'll be up against Kano." He said casually. "Never heard of him." I sighed. "He's from the Konoha. I guess you could say Konoha and Leaf are against each other every tournament since all we do is compete with them and not the other schools." He explained.

I nodded my head in agreement. As soon as we neared the dojo Metal-senpai waved his hand from the entrance. "Yo Inojin! You're up next!" Metal-senpai said, we quickly made our way inside the dojo as I settled in the front row where I could have a great view from the tournament. "Goodluck." I said and hugged Inojin as he passed in front of me. "Thanks." He said and returned the hug.

We broke off and I watch him enter the mats. "GO INOJIN!" Denki cheered "Kick his butt!" Iwabee shouted "INOJIN YOU CAN DO IT PARTNER!" I shouted. He looked at my direction and winked. I felt my face heat up right away. "Inojin's quite high in spirits today." I turned to look at the person beside me and saw Houki-senpai sitting in his casual clothes.

"Yeah he is." I smiled as I turned to look at Inojin who was fighting Kano. "Aren't you gonna participate?" I asked Houki-senpai. "Nope since after this tournament I'll be spending every vacant time I have to train you two." He said as he crossed his arms over his chest. "Oh.." I focused to look at Inojin once more and saw that he's winning, with one strike the enemy lost his balance and Inojin was declared a winner.

I quickly got up from my seat and ran towards him. "Inojin! Congratulations!" I said happily as I ran into his open arms that was waiting for me. "Thanks." He said with a smile. "I want a hug too baby Inojin!" Metal-senpai said as he gave Inojin and I a bone crushing hug. "M-metal... senpai.. help.." I said.

"Idiot let them go before you break them." Houki-senpai said as he whacked Metal-senpai's head. "Congratulations Inojin." Houki-senpai said as Inojin nodded his head. "The next competitor will be Uchiha Kira from Leaf Academy and Mitsuki from Konoha!" The MC stated. "I'll be there watching." Inojin said as he pointed at the chair I was sitting before. "Okay." I said in agreement and turned to look at Houki-senpai who gave me a nod which I gladly returned.

As soon as everyone in the club settled down in their own respective chairs, I turned to face my enemy for todays competition. "Hello." Mitsuki greeted in a friendly way. "H-hey." I stuttered. I hope he won't notice me. I silently prayed. He shot me a smile before the referee blew his whistle to signal that the fight has began.

Boruto's POV

"Mitsuki." I called him. "Yes?" He turned to look at me with a smile plastered in his face. "Give your best but don't hurt her." I said as I looked at Sarada who was talking to her partner, Inojin Yamanaka. I recalled the memory as we slept beside each other last night, she was snuggling at me and she looked peaceful. "Understood." He said and walked towards the center of the mat as soon as his name was called.

I saw Sarada moved her mouth and she looked nervous. "Relax, Mitsuki just probably greeted her." I turned to look at the person who just sat beside me. "Shikadai." I said acknowledging him. We both turned our attention to the battle in front of our eyes. Sarada was good, she's fast and strong. For each move she makes you could hear the wind whistle.

"Mitsuki will take a hit on her shoulder." Shikadai said, his gaze never left the two. "And why is that?" I asked, focusing my attention to them as well. "That girl's a good fighter but she keeps on looking for openings which would distract her and would give the opponent an opening and right now she's aiming for Mitsuki's stomach while he's aiming for the shoulder any minute now." Shikadai said, crossing his arms.

I looked at him with surprise written on my face and focused my attention back to Sarada and Mitsuki, sure enough Mitsuki took the opening and threw a punch on her shoulder which made her loose her balance and fell down. This made me stood up and gripped the railings. Shikadai, as well as the other Konoha club members who just witnessed my reaction was taken aback.

"Get up. Get up Sarada." I whispered to myself. Sarada was on the floor clutching her shoulder as a pained expression filled her face. The medics were about to step on the mat when she stood up, still clutching her shoulder. "Sarada, win this. Win this tournament for me and soon enough you'll be meeting me just as you always wanted." I whispered to myself once again.

I was about to shout for her when someone beated me to it. "KIRA YOU CAN DO IT! I BELIEVE IN YOU!" I turned to look at the person who just said that and found Inojin. I bawled fist and looked at the two in the mat, as anger filled me. "Finish him!" I said out loud as Mitsuki and Sarada turned to lool at my direction. I crossed my arms over my chest and smirked.

Mitsuki looked at me calmly and nodded his head while Sarada looked at me, betrayal filled her eyes. "That's too much, don't you think?" Shikadai asked as he stood beside me to prevent any member in our club hear our conversation. "Let her feel the pain." I whispered. "Are you crazy? Mitsuki could easily break that girl into pieces, we both know that Mitsuki would follow your orders." Shikadai said sounding totally pissed off.

"Why are you pissed off? Do you-" but he cut me. "Cut the crap Uzumaki, we both know that you have an interest with that girl right there. Do you really want to see her suffer because of your jealousy towards that Yamanaka guy? If you're jealous about them then lash it out on that guy! I can ask the judges to include you on the last day of the tournaments tomorrow!" Shikadai said angrily. "You know nothing." I said angrily as I gripped the rails.

"Yeah, I know nothing about you two but one thing I know is you should stop blaming the girl for Sumire's mistake, both don't even know each other nor look like one. Look at the girl in front of your eyes Boruto, is that what you want?" Shikadai said glaring at me. I turned my attention towards Sarada who was becoming pale every second, she was panting so hard while every attack Mitsuki does hits her which earned him points.

"Mitsuki." I called out and he took that as a cue. I look at the score board and their scores are now tied up. I was about to call off the tournament and just let Sarada have the win but what she did next shocked us all. Everyone knew she was about to collapse yet she still fought Mitsuki. "THAT'S THE SPIRIT KIRA!" Inojin cheered as well as their members.

Sarada and Mitsuki are now serious and neither wanted to give up but with one swift move, Sarada kicked Mitsuki's feet which caused him to lose his balance as she got on top of him and was about to throw a punch but her fist stopped before hitting his face. That was then Sarada was declared the winner. Sarada stood up and offered Mitsuki a hand which he gladly accepted and both bowed.

I saw Mitsuki walked over to us and looked at me with an apologetic smile.  I lookes at Sarada who was now being carried by her beloved prince. "Tsk." I left without a word.