"Chris asked me if I wanted to meet up with him and the rest tonight. I said yeah. No big deal."

"Yes it is. Do you not care about what he did to you?"

"I do care. But it's not even about him. I just wanna go out, you know? It'll be for one night and I won't ever have to see him again.", I explain trying to make him less angry.

"He wants to meet at a bar."

My heart drops.
"I didn't know that, Jack. I can't meet them there, but if I don't go they'll come to my house."

"Your mom is making us sleep at the house tonight, so we'll be there. Tell him to go away and if he doesn't we'll make him. Don't go out. Please."

I nod my head.

We feed the animals and reach the last cow, which happens to be nanny.
She's our oldest cow and she's been here every time we've stopped home.

"Hi nanny.", Jack says patting her side.

"I'm surprised you remember her.", i say softly.

"How can I forget the first cow that bucked me?"

"In her defense, you were trying to ride her. What did you want the poor girl to do?", I ask.

"That's true. Is the fence off?"

"Yup.", I smile at him, knowing what he wants to do.

We climb over the electric fence and try to dodge as many mud pies as possible.
The cows follow us as we walk into the lower field, where a huge rock is.
Cows can't climb up it, but we can.
This is where we would always hangout.

Jack screamed because he was scared of the cows here, Rian accidentally peed on a snake and it slithered after him, Zach fell off of the rock just as a heard was coming through, and Alex fell into a mud pie when he tried to push me off.

"Being home makes me sentimental. I don't want to leave.", i say as jack sits down next to me.

"I know, it's rough. But you have a job and we can't do our job without you doing your job. So we need to get off of this rock before you cry and go back inside."

"You just don't want to be out here when it's dark.", I accuse him as the sun starts to set.

He rolls his eyes and climbs down, walking over to the fence and jumping it.
I do the same and we walk back up to the house.

"There you two are, almost thought jack got run over by the heard again.", my mom says as we walk into the kitchen.

"Unfortunately not.", I joke.
Jack pushes my head but sits down next to Alex.

Zach speaks up, "There's a flood warning, the Morgantown show might be cancelled."

"I don't hate the idea of that.", i say honestly.
I love my job, but it's nice to be around something familiar.

Sure enough a couple minutes later we get a call telling us that the show was cancelled and the buses don't leave until 9am tomorrow.

As we're talking at the table I hear something fall over outside.
We notice it's the wind picking up and it's started drizzling.

"Do you guys have any experience with cows?", my mom asks the boys.

"No.", they all answer.

"Well good luck.", she says.

We all go outside and into the cow field. We need to get the cows into the barn before the rain hits.
Jack and I grab Nanny, she's surprisingly easy to get into the barn.
That's about the only luck we had.
After me getting bucked 4 times, otto slipping on wet grass, Alex tripping on a rock, and Awsten giving up completely, we finally got them all in the barn with food and water.

Everyone goes inside while Awsten and I get the rest of the animals ready.

We close the chicken coop and close the pig barn.
Then Awsten leads the dogs into the house.

"The cat isn't in the house.", he says.

"Yeah, probably playing with hay. Come with?", I ask.

He nods and we walk up the hill and find Sassy playing in the hay.

"Come here, Sassy.", I call her but she doesn't listen.

"I got this.", Awsten says and grabs a long piece of hay.
He runs it back and forth across the ground and sure enough Sassy pounces on it.
Awsten grabs her and gives her to me.

"Thank you."

"Anytime."

We go back to the house and wait for the storm to hit.

After an hour and a half of watching tv and talking, the power goes out.

"Man, I was watching that.", Jack says to the sky.

"It's not like you've seen Racing Stripes 100 times already.", I roll my eyes at him.

"Only because you make the whole bus watch it almost every night.", he retorts.

"He has you there.", Alex says.

"Shush. So now what are we gonna do?", I ask.

"Die."

"If only.", I reply as my phone goes off.

From; chris🍁
so you're standing me up now? I'll be over later just to annoy you.

To; chris🍁
i don't know if you've noticed, asshat, but there's a storm. And I wouldn't if I were you. I have company.

From: chris🍁
that's why cars were invented. and your little band buddies don't scare me, and besides it's not like I'm gonna be doing anything to hurt anyone. Just wanna say hi to my ex.

I ignore his text, there is no stopping him once he says he's going to do something.

I slide my phone towards Jack and he reads it.
He shakes his head and hands me my phone back.

"Don't worry.", he reassured me, but my heart is still racing.