The walls were moist, and Q absolutely hated it. The house was just as old and grimy on the inside as it was on the out. Step after step down the stairs to the basement they thought more than once they'd fall straight through to whatever was waiting for them at the bottom.

They'd finally reached the basement entry and Sammie was hiding behind a corner, she counted "1.2.3..." and the duo ran down the halls rearing around corners slamming doors open, Q doesn't want to talk about what they found in most of them. One final door and they threw it open, they were impressed they kept dinner inside them. The room was a shrine, on the floor were burning candles and older wax from previous ones, sat in the middle were 5 coffins. Each a color of one of the cabins, Sammie stared blinking hard. Those were her friends, or at least they could be, Q didn't know if the colored boxes were occupied, but they sure as hell didn't want to find out. Sammie grabbed Q's arm as the closed the door behind them and they took off down the hall. "She has to be in one of the other basements then, we have to keep going!" Sammie ran throwing her weight into a larger door, she tumbled as it gave way into a deeper darker, older hall. She got got back up holding her shoulder "Well, let's go"

Q had thrown at least twenty more doors open. They were trapped in some kind of maze, each time they found an empty room their faith in finding Winn chipped away like the old paint on a family barn. Sammie had to be feeling the same way as both of their speeds had slowed at least a bit, they were jogging now, feet aching, lungs burning. "She has to be here, we just have to-" "Hey!" A voice called out, Sammie looked at Q as a group ran at them "Run!" Q took off once again, they ran around corners and down more hallways that never ended, they were running through sheets that would stitch themselves together and hang in their path endlessly. "Sammie open that door!" it was a shot in the dark but Q saw something, light, no other room they'd been to had that much light leaking into the thick suffocating darkness. She threw her weight into the door as Q followed suit, they toppled to the ground as Sammie locked the door behind them. "Where are we?" Q stood up dusting themselves off. "Looks like another, oh my god Winn!" Winn was pretty roughed up, she was dirty and seemed to be unconscious, her arms were wrapped in thick bandage but Q could see small stains of blood leaking to the surface. Sammie was at Winn's side shaking her "Winn? Winn you gotta wake up" Q heard pounding on the door, "Sammie we have no way out!" Sammie stood up "I don't know what to do!" She looked around, the room was empty besides those three. Sammie took a deep breath drawing her bat from across her shoulder. Q drew their knife, the pounding stopped. The next second the door flew off its hinges A man in a blue robe stood front and center, a sacrificial knife clutched in his left hand, a small militia backed him up. "Well well, what is this?" Sammie gripped her bat, Q lifted the knife. "Yellow and green, here to save the small and innocent magenta?" he stressed each syllable of the last word, mockery dripping from his tongue. "What did you call us?" Q had no idea what he was referencing. Sammie interrupted them "Step off Michael, you grade A basket case" Q took a few steps back letting Sammie take point, they'd protect Winn. "Ah yes hello Sam. Witty as always? You always were the wordsmith of the bunch. I liked you best" "Your knife said otherwise" Q couldn't see Sammie's face, but they could tell something happened, something she was repressing. "Well, let's not get the room too dirty please, I just cleaned it" Sammie brought her bat across the hood, a loud thunk echoed through the room "Wow that must suck?" The man stood back up, a bit of blood dropped to the floor as he rose. "Sammie Padia what I would personally give to kill you" Sammie glared "It's all just words. You freaks make me sick, so yeah come on, i'd love to take you all out, each and every one of you" The man in the blue robe took a step forward lifting the wicked long knife. "Heads up!" Q closed their eyes at Chris's voice. A flash lit up the halls that Q could see even behind their eyelids, they opened their eyes slowly, everyone but the man in blue, them, and Sammie were on the ground. Sammie raised her bat taking a few more swings at the man, he dodged most with relative ease cutting at Sammie she blocked all but the last stab. He'd faked high and stabbed at her stomach, Sammie fell for the trick. "Sammie!" Q watched as the man pulled the blade out of her and she fell to the ground. Q felt adrenaline pumping through their veins, they ran at the man placing a foot right into his chest. He flew backwards, Q kept punching at him when they remembered their knife. They brought the blade into the man's chest and stepped back, he fell backwards into the wall, sliding to the ground. Blood smearing the old wood as he settled at the bottom, they stared in shock. "I just killed someone" Chris ran up to them, he looked at Q then to the body. "Oh my god" Q stepped back "I, I didn't" Josh gripped their shoulder "Q it's ok, it's ok. Look I know this is hard, but we need to help Sammie and get Winn out of here. Can you help me?" They stared at Josh nodding slightly. Chris was already inside finding the bandage used to wrap around Winn's arms. Sammie stared at Q as they walked in "Nice kick" They gave a weak smile. "Alright Sammie we're going to pick you up, you gotta walk with us ok?" she nodded. Q stood on one side Chris on the other helping Sammie to her feet. "The wound isn't deep which is good, Josh will be able to fix this" Sammie laughed "Alright, whatever you say Chris" Q supported her left side as Chris got her right, Josh stood next to them holding a curled up Winn in his arms, they carefully navigated the halls and stairs walking out of the old house with no problem, which made Chris anxious. "They let us go too easily. It could be a trap?" Josh frowned sweat glistening against his skin from carrying Winn for so long. She was small, but Josh wasn't the strongest. "I don't think so, they only enter camp at night" 

The group stumbled into the infirmary, Q helped Sammie onto a bed and walked over to help Josh set Winn down. "What the hell is this?" Q whipped around to see three more people in the doorway, they didn't recognize any of them. Two boys and a smaller girl. Chris gave them all a smile "Ah hello Angie, Stephen, Emily" One of the boys spoke up "Actually it's Evan" he nodded "Hello Evan. I can explain"