Right now we're at the docks, waiting for the guard rotation to shift so we have an opening to board the ship in search of the 17 children held hostage.

"Chef to Ghost, what's your visual?" Uncle's voices crackles through my earpiece, he's off in one of the vans waiting until I retrieve the precious cargo and meet at the rendezvous point.

"The guards are getting lazy, the one in the green jacket just fell asleep. Estimate 2.6 minutes and I've got a clear shot." I whisper, keeping my voice low so as not to wake the idiot or alert any others to my presence.

"Just be careful, Little Bird, we've got your back." He whispers, and a warm feels pushes through my chest, it's amazing to have someone care about me like he does.

From the corner of my eye, I see Sleepy wake up with a start, like something shocked him, and he stands to leave. I've got a perfect opening and I'm going to take it.

"I'm going in, later gator." I say, already up and running for the ship.

"In a while crocodile. Over and out." With that, his mic cuts out and the only sounds I hear is the beating of my heart and the wind as it flies past my ears.

"Over and out." I whisper to the quiet, stepping silently onto the top deck before finding the stairs and making my way into the belly of the beast. It's times like these when I really feel like a spy, but then I remember this isn't a movie and these bad guys could likely kill me and it's not so cool.

The first landing I come to is empty, not even a stray rat or empty box litters the space and I do a quick check from trip wires or secret doors before deciding it must've been cleared out first. Likely the drugs, those are always high end products that go quicker. I'm just about to check in with Uncle when I hear a softly whimpered cry from the next floor down, sounding an awful lot like a scared child.

Flying down the stairs as fast as humanly possible while masking my footsteps, I come face to face with my own personal hell. The 17 kids are all here, most beaten black and blue, and all shackles to the sides of the cell they've been locked in. Flashes of my stepmother chaining me in similar fashion when I was younger come unbidden to my mind and I have to fight to calm myself and remain in the here and now. Now is not the time for my fears, these kids need me, my mental pep talk allows me to control my breathing and I step into the light, allowing them to see me.

Several gasps leave them as they shrink back in fear, at this point they probably don't even see me, they're just afraid that whoever hurt them has returned. I clench my fists at my sides, but I let my anger go, it won't help me or them right now, and the team on this mission is currently chasing those monsters down.

Kneeling down so I look as harmless as possible, I speak slowly to them in Japanese. "(I'm not going to hurt you, I promise. My name is Sang and I work for the good guys, will you please allow me to help you?)" I smile at them and I see their shoulders relax, yet a few still look wary.

Deciding telling them my own story will do wonders for gaining their trust, I sit cross legged on the floor and continue speaking. "(I was once in a place very much like you guys, except instead of awful strangers kidnapping me, it was my stepmother who hurt me. She hurt me for years, tied me up in chains and called me mean names, but eventually I got away and found a new family who helped me get better. Would you all let me help you too? Let me get you safe and back with your own families?)" About halfway through my speech the few remaining wary souls looked at me with understanding, hope beginning to brighten their faces and I knew I'd gotten through.

Standing slowly so I don't startle them, I approach the cage and pull out my lockpicking set with a flourish. Uncle had gifted me one of Luke's old sets years ago to learn with and I'd taught myself to be proficient with almost all locks and safes, so last year he'd bought me my own set for Christmas. The kids watch with rapt attention as I twist the tools and the cell door swing open. One by one, I circle the room unlocking the metal cuffs restraining them, taking extra care not to jostle any unseen injury or hit any bruises.